In Justice, We Trust!
I think I should warn you, Mr. D Kabuto. Candy toy Samurai Ha-Oh is hard to build. You're trying to make everything fit together and then BAM something falls off. So you put it back on and BAM something else falls off. Eventually you get frustrated and throw all of the candy toys at something.

But don't let that put you off.

I've built quite a few model kits in my time, so I shouldn't have to worry...I'll definitly find a away around that.

My belts talk.
I've built quite a few model kits in my time, so I shouldn't have to worry...I'll definitly find a away around that.

Oh, building the models is easy. But combining the mech is what's hard. Things don't seem to plug in firmly, so things come loose as you're building it. It suuuuucks.

now Nerd Emperor
Well, regardless of that, I think candy toys display A LOT better. I mean, they can hold the Kyoryumaru just like they do in the show... using the actual handle of the sword -- not some peg that pops out at the side. :castlerock:

Well, you have to exclude the handle pieces in order to do that... but it does look many times better than how the DX holds it.

And of course, the poseability that the DX stuff pretty much fails at.

In Justice, We Trust!
Well, regardless of that, I think candy toys display A LOT better. I mean, they can hold the Kyoryumaru just like they do in the show... using the actual handle of the sword -- not some peg that pops out at the side. :castlerock:

And of course, the poseability that the DX stuff pretty much fails at.

It's just odd that Sentai's been around for 30 something years, and they've never thought of doing anything to improve it....like adding articulation to the DX version for example...it's all looks like it could go there, so why not throw it in? :shakefist

get the Candy toy

I got it

good things about it:

fun to build (seriously...its fucking fun)
fun to paint (if you like to paint)
if you find a great combo like I did with all origami except the bull (total was 60 bucks)
Samurai Haoh looks better in candy toy, giant robot with a big backpack
articulated
fun to play
durable
comes with candy

bad things are that some stickers like to pill off, painting them is more fun

and they might be smaller but I like that because the don't take too much space.

Eye See You
Go with DX Shinken-Oh

I never understood the candy toy concept. They are smaller, cheaper, crapier versions of the regular toys right?. Why the **** would anyone want that?.

Some kind of Beast mode
Go with DX Shinken-Oh

I never understood the candy toy concept. They are smaller, cheaper, crapier versions of the regular toys right?. Why the **** would anyone want that?.

I feel the same way, and wonder the same thing.

In Justice, We Trust!
The candy toys offer something that the DX version doesn't: and that's articulation and fully movable joints.

May as well ask since this thread is up: What do you think the best way to paint these model kits would be? I have some Tamiya paints but I'm not really that good with them yet...I've been considering getting some Gundam Marker though.

You would be surprised that the candy toys are freaking detailed,just that you have to paint them.

Some people prefer painting it themselves because they can cover up everything and all the paint looks flushed all together.If you paint the DX one to cover up some flaws or missing paint,it will look like ****.

Also,candy toy can attract model kits collector.They can be interested in sentai robo but thinking that they have to buy a block of plastic that cannot do awesome poses,they are turned off.Candy toys will be their choice.