In Justice, We Trust!
I've been looking at investing in a Shinkenoh, but I've been having a hard time deciding between both the Candy Toy minipla version, or the DX version.

Now, the DX version on Amazon is about 4478 yen right now, with EX Japan's middleman fee, that should bump it to around 5200 yen.

HOWEVER!

The Candy toy version is a few dollars cheaper, at 3760 yen and offers a bit more poseability then the DX one does, it will require painting and assembly BUT has the added benefit of articulation, and still retains all the functionality of the DX version...not to mention the fact that it comes with Candy...

I dunno, I don't mind having to paint and put it together, as it's something I enjoy doing...but the price on the DX version seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

My belts talk.
Depends. Do you already have any other Shinkenger mech? I'd recommend the candy toy ones because then you can have the full Samurai Ha-Oh without having to sell your kidney for cash.

now Nerd Emperor
I'd say get the candy toy. The candy toy set on Amazon right now is for not just ShinkenOh but DaiKaiShinkenOh & IkaTenkuuBuster... then all you need to do is pay the local shop here a visit and pick up Mogyudaioh and you got yourself SamuraiHaOh. :D

On the topic of DX ShinkenOh, I'm quite tempted to get a second DX ShinkenOh since I love that mecha so much... and my current one is always displayed as SamuraiHaOh. :sweat: I also have 2 sets of the Candy Toy DaiKaiShinkenOh & IkaTenkuuBuster ordered. :D I have never liked the mechas as much as I have with Shinkenger. :sweat: I think the last time I really liked all the mechas was Megaranger.

In Justice, We Trust!
If I buy the DX version, I'm not going to get any of the other Mecha

if I buy the Candy pla version, there's a chance I just might get the other mecha.

now Nerd Emperor
If you get the candy toys, you'll have pretty much everything all in one shot.

If you get the DX ShinkenOh, you risk end up liking it a lot and then being tempted to get all the DX stuff... :laugh:

In Justice, We Trust!
If you get the candy toys, you'll have pretty much everything all in one shot.

If you get the DX ShinkenOh, you risk end up liking it a lot and then being tempted to get all the DX stuff... :laugh:

Good point, do you have the link to the one your talking about? The candy toy thing you mentioned on Amazon.

My belts talk.
I think I should warn you, Mr. D Kabuto. Candy toy Samurai Ha-Oh is hard to build. You're trying to make everything fit together and then BAM something falls off. So you put it back on and BAM something else falls off. Eventually you get frustrated and throw all of the candy toys at something.

But don't let that put you off.

now Nerd Emperor
That made my decision a lot easier! THANKS! :castlerock:

NP

I assume you were looking at some other listing for Candy Toy ShinkenOh alone?

I think I should warn you, Mr. D Kabuto. Candy toy Samurai Ha-Oh is hard to build. You're trying to make everything fit together and then BAM something falls off. So you put it back on and BAM something else falls off. Eventually you get frustrated and throw all of the candy toys at something.

But don't let that put you off.

Heh, you must be exaggerating. That doesn't happen to me... :sweat: