Eye See You
I've continued my horror binge and watched Hellraiser 1-4 this past weekend and I gotta say I fucking loved them from beginning to end. Especially Pinhead and his badass speeches of pain.

This is probally now my fav horror movies and lead baddie of all time. Move over Jason.

I just hope movies 5-8 are just as good, but I remember DEADER being a sac of cat ****.

boogie woogie feng shui
I only really liked the first one, which was a classic. I seem to recall watching the second one at some point but don't remember anything about it and I've heard the later installments aren't any good.

Banned
I enjoyed the first two. After the 3rd movie they just became crap. When they started being stories that Pinhead told, I just said screw this.

Eye See You
1-2 are brilliant. Part 2 is a definate must watch.

Pt 3 is fun because the Cynobites (sp?) are released into the city which is pretty damn cool, especially the one with the CDs logged into his head.

Pt 4 is in the future on a space ship and the story of the Puzzlebox is told, so the movies switches from future, past, and 1996 (present).

I'd definatley go with watching 2-4 if I were you, very enjoyable and Pinhead gets more badass by each movie.

Would like to change his avatar
The first one's classic, one of my favorite horror movies period. Such a great cast -- Clare Higgins is often overlooked. Two's good, but a step down from the original -- I like how small scale and personal the first movie is, and the second is a bit overblown. It seemed like it wanted to rival an Elm Street flick with big sets and snappy one-liners.

I don't really like part III -- it had some good Pinhead lines, but that's about it. Doug Bradley is always great, so he'll at least provide something in some of these lesser sequels. Four just didn't offer enough, a lot of the movie just feels like it's missing.

I think I'm one of the few fans who liked part five. It had its flaws (Craig Sheffer for one), but it had an interesting concept. I think all they needed to do was polish the script a bit.

I really didn't care for Hellseeker. It's just an inferior Inferno retread, and ruined Kirsty at the same time. I don't understand how Clive Barker can despise Inferno, but praise Hellseeker.

I enjoyed Deader when I watched it. Wasn't the greatest movie out there, but I thought it was a step above Hellseeker.

Hellworld is just awful. A shame, since it had Lance Henriksen. Each horror franchise has that one entry that just has no redeemable quality whatsoever. A movie so awful, you wonder how it could have been made without anyone noticing just how bad it is. Freddy's Dead, Jason Takes Manhattan, Seed of Chucky, Texas Chainsaw The Next Generation, Halloween Resurrection...

Lurker
1-2 was epic. The third, even though it had a lot of pinhead and was fun, made him seem like a standard horror villian, complete with world domination as opposed to dishing out pain to those that open the box. Clive Barker said he wanted to kill him off in a future short story since he's had a good ride. And there's supposed to be that remake coming out too, with Clive Barker attached.

Banned
1-2 was epic. The third, even though it had a lot of pinhead and was fun, made him seem like a standard horror villian, complete with world domination as opposed to dishing out pain to those that open the box. Clive Barker said he wanted to kill him off in a future short story since he's had a good ride. And there's supposed to be that remake coming out too, with Clive Barker attached.

Last I heard Clive barker was no longer attached. It is also not a remake but a reboot.

The first 4 Hellraiser movies were good.

Hellworld sucked. Pinhead really doesn't show up to the very end. It could've been a different movie altogether.

Glad you are enjoying your journeys with the Cenobites. K, to clear up some confusion.

1. The Barker story where he kills Pinhead is called The Scarlet Gospels, which Clive is currently working on, but he says the final draft is going to be 2-3 THOUSAND pages. His publisher wants him to break it up into several books, but he says no.

2. Officially, Barker does not have any creative control over the remake/reboot/reimagining. Weinstein company owns the rights. However, they have done their best to run things past Barker to get his input. The new director, Pascal Laugier, is working very closely with Barker to make this an adaptation of the book The Hellbound Heart. Unlike the first film, Julia is the real villain in the book. The Cenobites are not in it very much, and act more a force of nature, inescapable, rather than either good/evil.

As for the series, here is my rating:

Hellraiser: 5/5
Hellbound: Hellraiser 2 -5/5
Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth- 3/5
Hellraiser: Bloodlines- 4/5
Hellraiser: Inferno-2/5
Hellraiser: Hellseeker-1/5
Hellraiser: Deader-0.5/5
Hellraiser: Hellworld- .25/5.

The only reason Hellworld got that much point value is due to the ending scene. I thought that was cool. Other than that, it was weaksauce.

Also, Shaun you should watch Nightbreed. Great underrated gem of a movie.