Hayao Miyazaki movies

The Cat Returns wasn't Miyazaki and neither was Grave of the Fireflies.

Fireflies is pretty damn good, but I probably won't ever watch it again :(

My favorite Miyazaki movie has got to be Laputa. I love the Jules Vern steam-powered setting. Flying airships and even flying castles. It's perfect, my favorite anime movie ever.

But yeah, you should check out every single Miyazaki movie, they're all great.
 
I second seeing Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, fantastic films

Also was Grave of the Fireflies done by Miyazaki? I'd recommend checking that out too.

Actually no! Studio ghibli was incharge of it's animation work. Isao Takahata directed Grave of the Fire Flies. Still worth checking out, despite Miyazaki's involvement. You'd be missing out a lot, if you pass this one up!
 
They've been out for awhile too, so you should be able to get them fairly cheap

Yah true, but there are some that you just can't find. I couldn't find Grave of the fireflies anywhere or My neighbors the yamadas. So I ended up buying the Collection at a local import store!

studioghiblimcod8.jpg


:D Hey, now that I think about it, they might just have the dvd for ponyo:O_O:

*runs & look*
 
hey buy me one too! XD

But no, Laputa is the best movie Ever! I should get a DVD for it, damn VHS player Where R U?!

Yah, mos def! laputa is one of my favorite Miyazaki films. Same goes for Spirited away, princess mononoke, Howls moving castle, and Totoro! Whisper of the heart and Grave of the Fireflies are my other favorites that Miyazaki san wasn't involved in.

The theme song for Castle in the sky, Innocent, love that piece. I use to play that for my girl, the one who went back to japan :(
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top