[*Girls Only Clubhouse*] ~ No Boys Allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
II have the OST and I tend to skip over Cosette's songs because they're so vapid (even though I am chirpy soprano and thus would be better suited to them).

I skip 'em, too. :laugh: But I'm also biased, because the only part in that musical I would ever have a hope of singing is Eponine. Gotta love being a true alto. :disappoin

Nooooo~

It's like kryptonite. :(

:rofl:
 
One of the nice things of living in/near NYC is that there are always extra tickets from each Broadway show that doesn't get sold prior to showtime. So if you line up EARLY, I mean like 7-8am the morning before, at Times Square, there is a small ticket box [opens at 9am] that you can get discounted tickets for primetime Broadway shows. That's how I got to watch Rent. Phantom, Les Mis, Cats, Miss Saigon, [it's too bad they took it off Broadway - it was amazing!] and Nutcracker were family/friend outings when ppl came to visit. I really want to watch Wicked (heard so many good things about it), but tix are $$ in Boston. I may try to see if there is a thing like Times Square here in Boston.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I'd gone to see Wicked when Hugh Jackman was in it. DAMN DAMN ME. :shakefist
 
New York is the one of the major cities I wish to visit. I'd love to watch a musical in Times Square as well, just for a memorable experience. I wouldn't mind doing the same thing in London, another major city I really wanna visit. sadly it's not a cheap flight to get there. Toronto and Vancouver are also my want-to-visit cities.
 
*nods nods* Our original plan for getting into a musical was that little ticket box in Times Square (the actual name totally evades me right now~ :redface2:), but we were trying to get that evening's tickets and there was no guarantee we would be sitting next to each other. Thankfully, when we told this to my friend's mom, she was simply like "It's your birthday. Consider it my birthday present to you." Wah~ so lucky~

and I had NO idea Hugh Jackman was in Wicked. *tears* I would have LOVED to go see him.

I really want to revisit Vancouver, though I think my parents want to visit our relatives in Mississauga which I think it's outside of Toronto. While I'm trying not to go to family vacations with my parents as often (as much as I love them, it'd be nice to explore places on your own with people your own age), can't really pass up an opportunity :P

Side note: Deathly Hallows had me screaming and bawling like an idiot at all appropriate times. I need to see this movie again and relive it one more time~ *sigh* SO. GOOD. Also, I had only 2 hours of sleep the night before, so I'm pretty sure I was delirious for most of it, :P
 
I'm seeing it tonight, so we'll see how I like it. :) I didn't cry at the end of the 6th though, so I might not for this one, either.
 
I felt the Harry Potter movies were so bad after Prisoner of Azkaban. The Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix were AWFUL. that's just my opinion though. is Deathly Hallows really that good as people speak?
 
I personally think so. They definitely rushed through stuff, but there's an overall feel of desperation, danger and depression (alliteration-ish yay~) that certainly did the book justice.

Definitely give it a chance~
 
There is absolutely no exposition. Which is really as it should be. No one who hasn't seen the last six movies at the very least should be watching it. My only worry is some of the stuff they cut out of the 6th movie. I'm not sure how they're going to tie things up without some of it, so we'll have to see.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top