George Lucas Fucks the Fans..... Again.

I'll mourn Lucas's death. The man is a genius. Although this idea is a bit stupid, I shall buy the set no matter what. So THAT way I can have a set seperate to my Dad's AND have the Originals. :P
 
I'm sure the majority of people he makes money off of are the mindless types that buy anything that's "hot" and "new" and that have never seen a movie they didn't like. The individuals on boards like this are smart enough to know if he's trying to screw fans but most people are probably too ignorant to even notice. I wouldn't be surprised if we got more Star Wars films in the upcoming years either. As long as the fish keep biting, Lucas will keep dropping the money bait.
 
Bolt said:
I'm sure the majority of people he makes money off of are the mindless types that buy anything that's "hot" and "new" and that have never seen a movie they didn't like. The individuals on boards like this are smart enough to know if he's trying to screw fans but most people are probably too ignorant to even notice. I wouldn't be surprised if we got more Star Wars films in the upcoming years either. As long as the fish keep biting, Lucas will keep dropping the money bait.

There's been a rumor for a long time that Lucas was going to do nine instead of six films.
 
I wouldn't doubt it. I don't expect the Star Wars franchise to be put to rest within the next 50 years really. I'd love to know how much income Lucas and all his branch companies make a annually with all the toys, books, and countless video games made on average.
 
Again, Lucas can do whatever he wants. It's his story, his movies. His dream, he wants it this way so he can do what he wants. More power to him. I dont really care one way or the other. I like the originals but **** just because I watch it and like it doesnt mean I have a say in what the man does with his franchise.

Screwing over fans? Hes just doing what he wants to do, and I admire that in a way that he doesnt sit there and try to please the fans no matter what demands they make. Hes just trying to make himself happy first.

You dont have to like the decision but its funny to see so many people bitch like their complaints matter. If you dont like it so much then dont buy the dvds.

No sales is stronger than bitching
 
At this point, I think Lucas is more concerned with money first, his dreams a distant second. I'm sure part of his dream was for the Star Wars universe to be hugely expansive, something it already was a decade ago, and to see it succeed, which we all know it has. All he's worried about now is living off it for the rest of his life, I guarantee it. This doesn't do anything but prove that. It's not like he would risk losing money by pimping these DVDs out; it's not like people wouldn't still buy them. The only reason this kind of thing happens is because they know they can get away with it and make more moolah in the process.
 
If Lucas wasn't richer than hell, I'd say it was about money...but the man not only owns LucasFilm, but Skywalker Sound (THX), LucasArts, AND ILM. He's hardly strapped for cash to put out a set.

He's trying to appease the fans that have been yelling and screaming for him to release the original Trillogy onto DVD. But in this situation, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Due to the quality of the original film, it'd cost WAY too much to clean it up, just to release it to DVD...so instead they're transfering the Laserdisc versions...which are pretty damn good actually. It's just not in animorphic widescreen or in 5.1 digital sound. But ya know what? Who gives a ****! It's the original movies out on DVD like all the SW fanboys have been whinning about for years now. And as a bonus you also get the updated version of the movie as well.

Honestly, I really don't see what the problem is or how he's trying to "screw" fans over.

-RF
 
Rider Faiz said:
Due to the quality of the original film, it'd cost WAY too much to clean it up, just to release it to DVD

Huh? They own the filmstock and all the equipment and did the very same frame-compositing with the Indiana Jones trilogy. Why is this any different?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top