Gekiranger VS Boukenger - Talk Up!

Don't bet on it, we didn't see a Gaoranger member in Boukenger VS Super Sentai.
But i thought "GaoRed" was in Boukenger VS Super Sentai .... I know he was not there as in " not part of the dream sentai team" but at least he was there .... physically but as AkaRed :)
 
But i thought "GaoRed" was in Boukenger VS Super Sentai .... I know he was not there as in " not part of the dream sentai team" but at least he was there .... physically but as AkaRed :)

Yeah, but people are hoping for the actual character and not someone who is just impersonating him, like HurricaneBlue or DekaBreak.

On the note of SS 2011 vs. Super Sentai (if we get one), I'm hoping AkaRed returns. I enjoyed him. :buttrock: I just wish he henshined into other Red Warriors. It could've deflected some of the criticism of no older Sentai teams appearing (Still, not the same, but better than just the newer series' teams).
 
I finally got my DVD and, of course, watched it right away. My thoughts are as followed (spoilers may be in there):




It wasn't as good as it was hyped to be, but that was probably just me. I still loved this team-up. The first part dragged a little bit (after the first battle), but that was because it was exposition and I can speak Japanese. I loved the acting. I couldn't understand their words, but I could tell that Sakura and Akashi were missed by the other Boukenger. I also liked how, when they were first getting their butts handed to them, Akashi seemed to believe that it takes an adventurer's spirit to continue during a hard fight and that the Gekirangers had that spirit (Don't quote me on it though).

As said before, I like the wink to Boukenger's status in Sentai (the start of the opening credits), and how Masumi seemed to grow as a leader without Akashi. Pachacamac was a badass villian, while the hippo guy was seriously there for comic relief. I loved the finishing fight with all the villians. It was nice to see the heroes actually have to work harder to defeat the villians. Makes the fight more interesting. It was also cool to see Rio, Mele, Gou, and Ken sharing a mecha without the three main Gekirangers (Gou seriously took too long to appear on the show). Of course Bae's commentary was always welcomed.

Overall, there was only very few things I wasn't too happy about with this team-up. The lack of Zubaan and Shizuka was a sore point. I could care less about Gajah not appearing, but all Shizuka got was a cameo. She would've been great interacting with Mele and Rio, possibly warning them about Akashi and Sakura. Zubaan was missed more. He was a big part of Boukenger and he was hardly in the film. I was definiltly hoping to see him again. The last part that irked me was how Eiji didn't try to work with Gou and Ken during their battle against the hippo. Surely he would've known that Sentai warriors had to work together or they were going to get their butts kicked. Remember his trouble with the Sentai dream team in the previos team-up? (Heck, I think they even filmed that fight in the same forest as the first Dream Sentai fight in B vs. SS). I kind of wished to get a glimpse of Ron, just so the team-up fit in the series better, but it could've taken place between the last scenes of episode 35.

Overall, a great team-up. While not as good as Deka vs. Aba (my all time favorite :buttrock:), it was still a good team-up that I would recommend to any Sentai fans, especially those of Boukenger and Gekiranger (for obvious reasons). It's even more special, as most PR fans probably already know, since Jungle Fury won't be meeting Operation Overdrive for their team-up.

P.S. Get the DVD as soon as you can. The first press have a 3-D card of the two teams which is really cool. It is probably limited, plus Amazon is still selling it for a reasonable price. Great special features too.

One last thing: Don't be alarmed if you see black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. It seems that the team-ups are now being made and shown in widescreen. Good timing, as Boukenger and Gekiranger were the first two series in widescreen. :)
 


Got my DVD last week. I agree the team up wasn't as great as expected but it was still good and very enjoyable. I loved it.

That's the card I was talking about. :laugh: Question, did the card rattling inside make you think that it was the DVD rattling around. It gave me a heart attack when I heard it.
 
That's the card I was talking about. :laugh: Question, did the card rattling inside make you think that it was the DVD rattling around. It gave me a heart attack when I heard it.
Yeah. :laugh: I hate that.

Kinda had the same experience with my Zebraman DVD, cause it had an extra disc with Media Blasters product info, in a paper sleeve but still loose, inside the case and that thing was rattling around too.

Yeah really freaked me out both, but the Geki vs Bouken more considering how much the thing cost me. :sweat:

Oh yeah forgot to mention I've watched the movie about three times so far. Gonna watch it again soon probably. I'm riping the Making video for some friends right now. It's got to be one of my favorite Making of videos, especially cause these casts are some of my favorites. So much fun.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top