From KingRanger to the HJU Community

I have run into way too many people here like King that go full on attack mode when they run into a user with a differing opinion. I even had some horrible run-ins with King myself. I hope that this helps this site see that it is never right to attack someone because they don't agree with you.

We should have heated debates due to us being passionate about our love for the genre, but those debates should never turn into hate slinging matches. As others above have said, I really hope he can evolve and become a better user so the next site he visits he can enjoy it instead of be stressed out when there.

4A1IGNRNllUp_zpsafb2d865.gif
 
Yes. I do believe that while he's entitled to his opinions, he should learn not to ruffle people's feathers. I learned this lesson the hard way before so I know. Sometimes, one just needs to not say a word if it's gonna hurt the people around one. It's really a matter of mindfulness. Freedom of speech is okay but never at the expense of mindfulness.
 
sorry or not he broke the rules let him stay banned, if you've warned him multiple times let the ban stand. it sounds like he's really just giving excuses to join back so he can do it again
 
I say let him return, but keep him a a short leach. His first screw up, and he is gone again.
For the record, I really dislike having to be the one to say this.

To my knowledge, we've gone through this at least 2 times already with KR. Every time, he has (at least as far as I could personally tell), been pretty genuine in his remorse and in stating his desire to improve himself. However, every time, he has also inevitably, and unfortunately, reverted back to his more...antagonistic persona that many people know/have known him for.

Now I for one, do not believe that he has ever done/does this (reverting back to his "old self") intentionally. Rather, given the wide variety of personalities that we have here amongst the many members here, there obviously are certain ones that just rub KR the wrong way, and that, despite whatever effort he has made to try and better control his temper, he just cannot help but react/over-react the way that he has become known for. Those same members that often had conflicts with KR are still here (and no, I'm not naming names, but us staff do have an idea of who these people are). They, in my personal opinion as a member here (but not as a member of the staff), are JUST as much at fault for the arguments/conflicts that they would get into with KR. The only reason why none of them were banned while KR was is that KR would lash out more angrily/with more "rage" and would overall be more of a disruptive presence than they were. The other members often kept the arguments/conflicts going, but KR would often be the one that would elevate them beyond what they needed to be. If/When contacted by staff members here, KR would, more often than not, either keep pushing the issue or make various comments (like how he was being singled out/treated unfairly when other people were doing/saying the same or worse, or like how the HJU staff doesn't act like how a staff should and how we let people get away with stuff that we should not be allowing, etc.). At least if we contacted the other members involved in the argument and asked/told them to stop and back off, they would usually comply. This is why, as a result, KR would usually end up being the one who'd get booted/suspended/banned.

He's been booted before for being too much of a disruptive presence. We've let him back in to give him another chance. After an initial period of relative calmness, he once again became a disruptive presence and had to be booted...again. Now we're supposed to give him a third chance and hope that this time he will NOT become disruptive/antagonistic when the same members that he would keep getting into arguments/conflicts with are still here? I'm sorry, but I just can't see that happening. All things considered, KR DOES bring a fair bit of knowledge and a unique perpective to things and, when he's calm/not in an argument, he CAN be quite thoughtful and intelligent/logical in discussions here. However, as much as I would like to see KR back, after having gone through this already with him and seeing what ended up happening when he was let back in...I cannot say that I'm confident enough/have enough faith in him that he would not be able to keep his temper in check and find better/more appropriate ways to deal with the conflicts/arguments he would keep getting into. In a perfect world, KR would/could simply avoid/walk away from any situation here that appeared to be becoming a conflict. However, we all know that the world is not perfect and we all know that chances are, given his past behavior, KR would not be able to walk away 100% of the time when he should.

KR was not even asking to be let back in (re-read the 4th paragraph of his message and you'll see him specifically state that that was not why he sent the message), but even if he was, I cannot help but forsee him getting into the same arguments with the same people, causing the same disruptions, and eventually getting banned AGAIN. So yeah, if we're now supposed to be considering whether or not KR should be reinstated here, I'm sorry, but as both a member and someone on the HJU staff, I have to say/vote no. He's been banned, he's been given a second chance. He fucked that up, so he got banned again.

As an old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
 
No.

For the record, I do not have any personal beef with KingRanger, but I agree with everything JFC said. Leave things the way they are, especially if it'll all just be the same song and dance all over again.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top