PETA attacked Uma Musume using morbid fanart, but the community is fighting back

The way fans united against PETA’s post really impressed me. Instead of reacting with anger, they reported the content and continued supporting retired horses. That’s responsible and mature. PETA’s attempt at emotional shock seems childish next to what the community has actually accomplished. I think this shows that real compassion requires action, not just dramatic messages.
 
PETA, you really pushed people too far this time. If you want a fight online, then you’re getting one, because everyone you offended on Twitter is already coming together. People are reporting your post nonstop, and more will follow. You tried to stir attention, but all you did was unite the whole community against you.
 
Using Silence Suzuka like that feels cruel in a way that doesn’t even connect to the issue they claim to care about. Fans have been consistently supporting retired racehorses, donating to farms, and funding facilities, yet here comes this group trying to grab attention with horror art. It doesn’t make sense. I’ve followed the fandom for years, and the level of actual impact we make is tangible—these aren’t empty gestures. The way PETA frames their message just makes them look disconnected and hypocritical. They could’ve addressed horse welfare in a real, constructive way
 
I think the whole situation shows how strong and organized the Uma Musume community really is. Everyone came together to report the post, protect fan content, and highlight actual animal welfare initiatives. It’s refreshing to see fans acting responsibly instead of just reacting online. Personally, I feel proud being part of a fandom that turns passion into meaningful support. The contrast with PETA couldn’t be more obvious—they shock for clicks, while fans genuinely help retired horses. It’s inspiring to see consistent dedication like that in an online community.
 
I don’t think this will make me go vegan. I still eat meat and enjoy it. PETA’s way of showing things is too shocking for me—it doesn’t change what I do. For now, I’m just going to take the steak out of my freezer and cook it. I care about animals in my own way, but seeing scary pictures online isn’t going to make me stop eating meat.
 
The organization has a long record of troubling practices, and this was just another example. What impressed me is that the fandom stayed focused on constructive action. Fans donating to farms, improving facilities, and funding resources for retired horses shows responsibility and empathy. I feel like the community is showing everyone what real care looks like, and it makes me want to follow their initiatives more closely. It’s inspiring to see fandom energy used in such a positive way.
 
This shows exactly how much PETA doesn't know or understand about Uma Musume or the actual injury and euthanasia of Silence Suzuka as the event triggered wide spread changes to the sport in Japan as a whole. Also Uma Musume frequently donates and advocates for the better treatment of the animals. Which has in turn caused the better treatment of the horses world wide as fans become more active in the sport.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top