DSP

Lurker
I have heard that "Monkey" was aired on Channel 4 but I never watched it. Why it was put on during midninght however is completely beyond me.

Monkey was originally on bbc 2, not sure when it first aired at what timeslot but when I saw it when I was younger, probably mid-nineties, it was on pretty late on C4, can't blame the choice though it was pretty damn funky, I think it was a time where stuff like this wouldn't really have been appreciated by a general audience, heck most cool stuff was on late on channel 4 which I think was the experimental time slot for new content at the time.

No thanks!! I'm tired of adaptations. I wouldn't mind a British adaptation if the Japanese original is gonna be say... released on DVD or something like that, but that rarely happens and it's becaise of these adaptations that the Japanese originals never make it to these shores.

Yeah for something orginal and British madce we should take pride in Doctor Who. Who needs a Britsh adaptation of Shinkenger anyway? They're probably gonna say.. replace Shiba Takeru with some unfunny guy who looks like he's off T4.

Hmmmm you know I'm really suprised the UK has yet to make its own masked hero show, power rangers itself is still reallly popular with kids so I'm amazed no other channel has attempted to cash in on it, especially the bbc. Heck the BBC is the best company to even attempt something like this.They have a mainstream toku fan in their midst and the aesthetics to make tokusatsu suits, we've all seen doctor who's aliens and monsters and its cgi capabilities, they can be applied so well to an original toku.

The closest to proper Japanese Tokusatsu we got was the Cutie Honey movie starring Eriko Sato being released on DVD. You should be able to find it at HMV.

Heh true, though we did have a release of guyver dark hero at one point, I have a copy myself that I bought at a con, but it was an R2 dvd so it's bound to have been released in the uk at some point.

That would be nice.. maybe as a stage show..

Not quite what I meant :sweat: I mean I know areas in London, that are quite empty most of the day that look akin to this area usually shows like kamen rider and sentai use. Can't find any pics atm, but its kinda like where kamen rider ryuki's first fight takes place.

That would be brilliant if Ultraman could make it to the UK.

Heh would probably make me watch it more, I was just watching some of johnathon Ross's videos and it was so cool to hear him list some of the modern ultraman as well as see him backstage watching ultraman being filmed.

I don't have low self esteem.
I'm thinking of making a Tokusatsu project on UK / England.

Interesting. Is it gonna be like France Five but British themed?

What would be interesting is we would have five British people each from five different parts of England, and we could have

Red London
Blue Newcastle
Green Aberdeen
Yellow Swansea
Pink... Liverpool?

And maybe the 6th Ranger could come from... Northern Ireland?

Plus who would be the bad guys?

Lets hope it's better than Emo Rangers!! :p

Interesting. Is it gonna be like France Five but British themed?

What would be interesting is we would have five British people each from five different parts of England, and we could have

Red London
Blue Newcastle
Green Aberdeen
Yellow Swansea
Pink... Liverpool?

And maybe the 6th Ranger could come from... Northern Ireland?

Plus who would be the bad guys?

Lets hope it's better than Emo Rangers!! :p

Thank you for the idea. I can create something like that.:buttrock:

Hmmmm you know I'm really suprised the UK has yet to make its own masked hero show, power rangers itself is still reallly popular with kids so I'm amazed no other channel has attempted to cash in on it, especially the bbc. Heck the BBC is the best company to even attempt something like this.They have a mainstream toku fan in their midst and the aesthetics to make tokusatsu suits, we've all seen doctor who's aliens and monsters and its cgi capabilities, they can be applied so well to an original toku.

Ever seen Spirit Warriors on CBBC? That's the closest I've seen to a Toku.