DSP

Lurker
POWER TO THE QUEEN, or something along those liens

yeah we need more toku love in this country ;A; I keep seeing toku figures in tokyo toys in tocadero

DSP

Lurker
Lol ITV does suck for live action stuff, sure the cgi isn't bad at times but I mean the directing and acting is meh.

BBC though tends to do better with sci fi stuff, even with american stuff they know what's good, and of course doctor who which is basically a tokuesque show as it is, minus a transforming hero, but then again the bbc has come up with downright stinkers in the past...

The BBC always thinks the way the British public does. It would cast a toku-like show off as just being Power Rangers. It would do everything in it's power to make it cheesy and just downright embarrassing.

Doctor Who only gets away with it because it's an old cult classic.

To be honest, the only good chance for toku would be with Channel 4. Them being the original alternate and experimental channel. I doubt they'd pick up a toku though.

Chief HJU News Editor
I always thought a miniseries of Kamen Rider The First would work really well. No henshin calls or anything like that.

BBC's Merlin is pretty tragic.

The BBC always thinks the way the British public does. It would cast a toku-like show off as just being Power Rangers. It would do everything in it's power to make it cheesy and just downright embarrassing.

Do you suppose this looks cheesy then:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp_7QtR-C9s[/ame]

Spirit Warriors seems close to a toku to me. Footsoldiers with an exploitable weakness, an evil guy with a huge base, a mythical creature for a mentor, special powers, that's the elements of a toku, right?