Lurker
I watched the movie again after a long long time of no-faiz land. I never really loved Faiz, it was the second series that I watched when I finally decided to get back into Kamen Rider and drop the whole "Dude, Power Ranger's for kids, I'm freaking 10 years old, not a kid anymore" attitude.

Spoilers ahead guys.

Anyways, onto the movie! The first time I'd watched it, I hated it. It was the first movie that introduced me to alternate universe for Rider movies. Not only that, but I got way confused by Takumi and his Takeshi character. I probably didn't pay much attention back then I guess. After rewatching I get the ideas going around the show. I liked the movie in general, but then there are parts that get me mad.

I didn't really fancy the whole Savior thing that they were going for Faiz the first time I watched the movie, I never pictured Takumi as caring and stuff, but that was 2-3 years ago. Now I love the idea. "Cutting through the darkness and bring back the light." I like it, it's like it came out from a epic adventure story, which I may add that I love.

Faiz as a story has so much potential, but the communication problem between the characters are still there. Kusaka's still another *****, Takumi never grows as a character, and if only the wolf orphenoch that hangs with Kiba had gotten more development, along with Keitaro, then maybe the audience would had felt more for them. Then there's the ending, Takumi and Mari just walking away from the stadium, really? Not even touching on the rebellion force and absolutely no hinting on how things will go? I don't think the writer made it clear how the audience in the stadium felt. They sure seem threaten though. But what Takumi said at the end just seem like he's going to ignore the whole war between Orpechnochs and humans again, it's in character, but...didn't he just said that he'll inherit Kiba's ideals? Give the guy some development would ya?

Takumi in the movie really grew on me as a character. I used to dislike him, emotionless, apathetic and antagonistic. But he's grounded enough for me to imagine him as a real person. His personality kinda contrasts Kiba's personality and the way he and Kiba ended up in both the series and movie just made it much sadder. Kiba's changing sides in the movie is much more tolerable for me. The change to the Orphenoch side was fine, but he just randomly decided to help Mari after getting beaten up by Faiz, before they said anything. Whaaaat? Really?

I guess my biggest beefs with the movie was Kiba's sudden change of heart, the conclusion of the movie and the lack of focus on other characters. Takumi and Mari got a lot of focus, I kinda like Mina, she seems like my type of girl, short hair and stuff, wish they at least dug a grave for her or something. She wasn't mentioned again after getting shot dead. Some characters could had gotten more development like the wolf guy companion of Kiba who's name escapes me, and Keitaro. They had a few perfect chances too. I find it lacking somehow, the characters never really grew in both the series and the movie. Would had be amazing to see Takumi grow to become more honest, open up his heart and show his emotions, believe in people and take up the name of the savior "Kamen Rider Faiz." Maybe the writer wanted to go for an open ending but I still do not really like the way it was done. What happened to Keitaro anyways after Takumi and Mari came out of the stadium? Is he going to unite with them again or the two of them will hide from the world?

I don't really understand why I was bored with the movie the first time I watched it, It's pretty interesting and entertaining to me this time round. The show and the movie has so much potential though, if the show decided to take the movie's road, I wonder how it would had went, it might had been epic.

I'm now interested in writing a Faiz redux comic sort of thing, maybe a tiny blend of Zone Of the Enders, consider me inspired XD

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I have seen the movie like a dozen times and I thought it was pretty boring, but entertaining at once. The only thing that disappointed about the movie version was the fact that it proved that Tak-kun was acting more like a knock-off airhead that he was shortly after regaining his memories. That and the fact that everything seemed too obvious for the humans that they were already fighting a losing battle.

But other than that, it was okay.

HEROW
The first time I saw it during its release, I thought it was not bad at all considering it's an alternate world. I always saw Takumi as somebody who's a frustrated hero, he wants to save people, but doesn't want to show them any of his emotions (somewhat "hardboiled" actually), so seeing his image in Paradise Lost wasn't really that hard for me to comprehend. The movie also boasts a lot of great action scenes, especially the fight between Psyga and Faiz... And of course, Kiba's henshin into Orga was definitely somewhat a great fanservice since a lot of people wanted Kiba to be a Rider, though not necessarily an evil one. :sweat:

Nice post!!
I always liked Paradise Lost. It felt like everything Faiz did really well squeezed into a nicely compact, digestible little flick.

Banned
I always thought that in PL that Takumi and Mari's Relationship developed more in the Love direction than in the series, where it was more Platonic. Thought if she started to have feelings for him near the end of the series, and if Paradise Lost is Alt Verse or an Alt Ending (SIC Hero story makes it seem to be the latter) are up in the air.
:coolshades:

Lurker
I always liked Paradise Lost. It felt like everything Faiz did really well squeezed into a nicely compact, digestible little flick.
Oh, you have a point, the movie has a higher spot on me compared to the series. The wolf guy companion of Kiba was actually tolerable, Keitaro was actually likeable and Takumi was the same as always.

The first time I saw it during its release, I thought it was not bad at all considering it's an alternate world. I always saw Takumi as somebody who's a frustrated hero, he wants to save people, but doesn't want to show them any of his emotions (somewhat "hardboiled" actually), so seeing his image in Paradise Lost wasn't really that hard for me to comprehend. The movie also boasts a lot of great action scenes, especially the fight between Psyga and Faiz... And of course, Kiba's henshin into Orga was definitely somewhat a great fanservice since a lot of people wanted Kiba to be a Rider, though not necessarily an evil one. :sweat:
Takumi wasn't bad at heart, I think I get that point. But I'll still had liked it more if he changed a bit throughout the whole series or movie. He's the same as when we first saw him at the end of the movie and series. As for Kiba going rider, I honestly dislike Orga's design. But that's me, hated the sword too. I would had definitely liked a more majestic version of the Faiz design over anything.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I really enjoyed the fights in Faiz. Both in the series and in Paradise Lost.

I've always found Orphenochs to be incredibly compelling and thought provoking. They aren't just angels or murderous killers, they are just evolved humans. It really brought a sense of moral ambiguity to Faiz, because at one point or another, everyone was just the same, and now just because of a sudden evolution, everyone is fighting one another. Like a Japanese X-Men almost!

Loved Faiz, loved Paradise Lost, though the giant Orphenoch thing wasn't my favorite, but PL was much better than Missing Ace.

Lurker
I actually enjoyed the fights more this time than the first time I watched it. The effects for Faiz Accel and his debut fight in the movie was awesome. Loved the bike scenes. That's pretty awesome! I don't think the fights in the series left any impressions on me, but then I was watching HK subs and didn't have a clue what's going on more than a couple of times. It effected how much I could enjoy Faiz I guess.

I think I'm beginning to like the Orphenoch idea a lot more than before though, a war between humans and the arrogant evolved humans, and they constantly go on who's more superior and who doesn't have rights to live. All the fake speeches about 'love' and stuff by turning humans into Orphenochs when it's just plain old murder. I really like how the movie pulled off the setting, it really felt like it's near the end for the humans.

I didn't really like the giant Orphenoch either, I'd much prefer a brutal fist fight or something between Faiz and any other humanoid Orphenoch. I'm just not much of a fan of CGI fights. Sometimes it fits and we all like it, but nay to this one. I didn't like the one in Missing Ace either. Speaking of Missing Ace, I gotta disagree with you on that one though.

Missing Ace so far is still my favorite rider movie, I find it emotional, I don't know why so many people disliked Amane's personality. It seems to fit the story, she's a teen, she only has a mother and her potential father figure person broke his promise to her and never returned again, neither did he said anything. The movie was emotional to me, and I liked the idea that they played with. What if Kenzaki in the end decided to agree with Hajime and seal him up? Blade always was touching for me.

But he's grounded enough for me to imagine him as a real person.

Yes, that's pretty much why Takumi is my favorite Heisei Rider.
The main Riders, since Kuuga, seem limited to play either the "overly nice/naive good guy" or the "self-confident and assholish" role...Takumi being sort of a mix of characteristics makes him a more interesting KR in my view.

As for Paradise Lost...i'm not really a fan of all those AU movies, but this one at least seemed more ambitious than usual, some aspects were played even better than in the series.
Overall, it's pretty good and i don't mind considering it as an alternate ending.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I actually enjoyed the fights more this time than the first time I watched it. The effects for Faiz Accel and his debut fight in the movie was awesome. Loved the bike scenes. That's pretty awesome! I don't think the fights in the series left any impressions on me, but then I was watching HK subs and didn't have a clue what's going on more than a couple of times. It effected how much I could enjoy Faiz I guess.

I think I'm beginning to like the Orphenoch idea a lot more than before though, a war between humans and the arrogant evolved humans, and they constantly go on who's more superior and who doesn't have rights to live. All the fake speeches about 'love' and stuff by turning humans into Orphenochs when it's just plain old murder. I really like how the movie pulled off the setting, it really felt like it's near the end for the humans.

I didn't really like the giant Orphenoch either, I'd much prefer a brutal fist fight or something between Faiz and any other humanoid Orphenoch. I'm just not much of a fan of CGI fights. Sometimes it fits and we all like it, but nay to this one. I didn't like the one in Missing Ace either. Speaking of Missing Ace, I gotta disagree with you on that one though.

Missing Ace so far is still my favorite rider movie, I find it emotional, I don't know why so many people disliked Amane's personality. It seems to fit the story, she's a teen, she only has a mother and her potential father figure person broke his promise to her and never returned again, neither did he said anything. The movie was emotional to me, and I liked the idea that they played with. What if Kenzaki in the end decided to agree with Hajime and seal him up? Blade always was touching for me.
It's not like I didn't enjoy Missing Ace, I just found Parade Lost the better of the two.

Though the movie itself undermined Kenzaki's sacrifice at the end of Blade, it is an AU so I guess its fine. I really didn't like the idea of the Albino Joker though, especially since it's basically a Hajime redux without the emotional tension. The conflict between the Missing Ace riders and Kenzaki and Mutsuki I had no problem with.

Amane, she is definitely a toughie. Though, looking back on the AU concept, I think its fine personally, because now a days we have Katsumi Daido and the Commander Dopant, who in essence are just people like Phillip and Terui if they had strayed from the wrong path.

I also think I may be in the small minority that enjoyed the fight in the beginning of MA.