Digimon Series Seven - Pre-Airing Discussion - Old Heroes Return!!

I'm still going with the franchise heroes returning thing. ANN was the one who translated it and when they get things wrong, they always update for anything incorrect. If not, then that's how it is.

So yeah, that finale
[hide]I would have preferred a cooler name like XHeart, XInfinity or UlitmateShoumon X7 but I suppose Superior Mode is keeping in touch with the other super final forms like Fighter/Paladin Mode, Crimson Mode and Burst Mode.

That said, Toei really went all out in the animation this episode. Lots of new Xroses and attacks were very welcome. I LOVE how they did not forget the first scene of the show albeit it playing out differently. This was a very HQ episode and it showed. Next to the fights against D-Reaper and Diaboromon, this had to have been at least the second largest final battle in the franchise

Something I don't think anybody mentioned was Akari being awesome and jumping in with Taiki and even trying to attack Baguramon on her own (seriously, this is the second time she's done that. Damn).

While I knew everybody was going to come back to life, I would have liked it to happen after the end, however seeing all the Digimon they helped jump out of the gate and fuse into Superior Mode with We Are Xros Heart playing in the background was incredible.

The final fight should have been longer. I was expecting something like Genesic GGG. I wish they had said at least something like "We can only use this form for one attack" or "this won't last too long, finish it quick Shoutmon!" to make it a bit more justified. Ah, well. Take the bad with the good I suppose.

Just a bro-handshake and a thumbs-up Shoutmon and Taiki? At least give each other a brohug. I waan't expecting tears since they totally accomplished their goal, but give a little love dude. Well, the staff probably knew about the second season as did we so it won't be goodbye forever.

DAMEMON'S STILL DEAD? WHY?

And it ends. OR DOES IT!? Nah, see you next week[/hide]
 
That last episode was some EPIC ****! Maybe the most epic Digimon ending ever! Everyone was there!

Except Damemon....I get that there doing it for next season but...*sniffle* Dame-chan....where are you?....
 
The thing I'm most disappointed is that Shoutmon can not go beyond the level of 7. Sure, Superior Mode has a power more powerful than let's say Xros 1 Million in X7 form, but even after absorbing every digimon in the digital world, Shoutmon's forms stop at X7.

The thing that season 7 can top Xros War's ending form is a more powerful form gained from every digimon dimension from every digimon season, if that "past heroes" rumor is true. Gumdramon/Shoutmon absorbs the data of every digimon dimension and their digimon, becoming even more powerful than in this past season. But that's mostly just a rehash of Xros War's ending form. -_-

Or you know, Gumdramon/Shoutmon gains a power of infinity through a new type of transformation in this new season.



(Names I would have liked for the season 6's ending Xros form: Xros Heart, Xros Everyone, Final Xros/Xros Final, Xros Undefined)
 
Has this been confirmed as a new series? Everything I have read and seen just shows it is a continuation of Xros wars. Like when the Death Generals thing started. That was not a new series.
 
Has this been confirmed as a new series? Everything I have read and seen just shows it is a continuation of Xros wars. Like when the Death Generals thing started. That was not a new series.

It's very much like 02 with new main character, new mechanics (apparently), but continuing on the same story after a bit of a time skip.

(Hell, one of the scenes from the trailer seems right out of the 02 opening)
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…