[Anime] Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project: New Digimon Adventure Series next spring!

I wonder if Saban will announced anything on the movie soon? It would be cool if Saban does a limited release for the movie similar what Funimation did with the new DBZ movies.

Lurker
I wonder if Saban will announced anything on the movie soon? It would be cool if Saban does a limited release for the movie similar what Funimation did with the new DBZ movies.

Saban's not even gonna touch those movies until the first one is released and Fusion ends.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
[video=youtube;dyEtcR03BQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyEtcR03BQ8[/video]

Yep, they're officially back

Saban's not even gonna touch those movies until the first one is released and Fusion ends.

The first film is already cut into episodes and the rest could be assumed to be the case. They should at least wait until the third film touches down until they beginning dubbing all the episodes. Hopefully, Saban has the rights to the original music by now so they could use the tracks in Tri.

My hugest issue with Tri is the prolonged digivolutions. Truncate them into several boxes so we don't have to waste four minutes. It grated the pacing. In the third movie , or the last part of Digimon: The Movie, Terriermon digivolved in a split few seconds. I can take the mediocre computer animation ported from the mistakes of Sailor Moon Crystal because they are digital monsters. But in general, the overuse of computer animation honestly bogs it down as a movie and even as a series. Why they didn't just bring back the original turn-around or take from Tamers is another thing entirely. They should have went with the original movie's digivolution method.

Dubbing them as movies rather than episodes would suck because
  1. Toei already cut the film into four episodes. With six films, that totals 24. Nick needs 12 episodes per season, and we should be on the third by next fall.
  2. Direct to Video is a throwaway. Anime is already niche, but Digimon has built in nostalgia. The only place it'd make sense is Netflix or Amazon but the whole series isn't out.
  3. Watching a movie is a different experience than as a TV show. Some work far better in one format than another.
  4. Not having it on television would kill the market for people who don't have those services or know about them.