Digimon Xros Wars: Time Traveling Hunter Boys (series 7 / season 8) Discussion

Mad Skillz
TGoRw.jpg

Here we go! The first sequel to a series since the original series! The story is set one year after Xros Wars. Taiki has gone back to living a normal life but still remembers his life as a Digimon General. Taigiru, a kid Taiki has taken to like an older brother, is drawn into a new battle and Taiki discovers he has unrivaled skill in DigiXrosing. Joining the two is Yuu to complete the trio that will travel to a world between the human and digital world where a strange mystery lurks as another trio known sets their sights on it.

(thread opens on Saturday)

Mad Skillz
New series, new kids, new Digimon! Looks like Tagiru might be the main character, or at the very least the guy that gets most focus early on. No sign of anyone but Yuu and Taiki from the original series. Mysteriousness abound. Gamudramon seemed a little scared when he heard Shoutmon, who has now become the Digimon king.

Also, spiffy opening, I love the quick flash showing the original Digimon logo.

"Training."
I...love this.

The epic evolution animations are back and insert song is amazing. I love the start so far. However Taigiru gained to ability to use evolution rather quick...

So the plot is that Digimon are wreaking havoc in the Digital World which then affects the real world? So these Digimon Hunters have the job of hunting and stopping these rouge Digimon?

Mad Skillz
Oh, yeah. More real world action? Hell yeah. I love shows that can do a decent mix of the two and I think that's something the first Xros Wars sorely lacked.

Lurker
from now I'm going to address this season as Digimon Hunters

I thought it was pretty good but the first episode felt kinda crammed with too much content in order to set everything up(though that happens in a lot of digimon seasons)

The Meteor has landed
Even though this is kinda like 02 (And I mean like 02 I mean it's about the same as it), I liked it. I hope to see more of it in the future and hope that the Digimon legacy will live on.

Last edited:
Random thoughts behind tags.

[HIDE]Takeshi Kusao voices the Watchman using his Ballistamon voice while the Clockmon sounds like Shakkoumon.

Gumdramon is much more, erm...devious than I thought, with all the sneaky grins. I could catch Tomoki in his voice but it's much rougher.

Tagiru definitely fits the prescription of Promoted Fanboy. he seems to have his own Akari-like friend (Mami? That sounds like the name) whose going to be upgraded to Digivice Holder, judging by the opening.

Ryouma's mannerisms vaguely remind me of Neo. And what little I've heard of Astamon, it sounds vaguely Beelzebumon-ish (Even though he's voiced by Dorulumon. Damn, those two sound similar).

Digimon seem Invisible to Normals.

Yuu seems to have grown into a prick, or is jealous of Tagiru.

Did you drink a pepperup potion, Tagiru?

Next episode, um...some girls going to be kidnapped by a Digimon, idk. And Ryouma corners Tagiru on a roof.[/HIDE]

Mad Skillz
from now I'm going to address this season as Digimon Hunters

I thought it was pretty good but the first episode felt kinda crammed with too much content in order to set everything up(though that happens in a lot of digimon seasons)
I don't think it was so much they were cramming in a lot of stuff as they were just doing a lot of foreshadowing.

The Meteor has landed
For those who missed the OP (like me:sweat:)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O5LJEH-7KE"]Digimon Xros Wars: The Time Traveling Boy Hunters [LQ][/ame]

:castlerock:

Nice opening, and I'm glad to see the foreshadowing of the protagonist's digimon's evolution forms