The character Cloud seems to be hiding the fact he's a 3rd class soldier - preferring to dress in non-military wear, kind of like Rambo. Does this appeal to you - or do you think it's silly? Anyway, the motivation might be to avoid offending jealous peers.

Administrator
Staff member
He is the most popular protagonist of all time. He appeared in many spin offs like tactics, Kingdom Hearts and Energheiz. His resemblance to Super Saiyan teen Gohan also add to his appeal. Lightning is the most Powerful protagonist of all time but she never reached the iconic status Cloud have.

I have heard that Cloud was never really a soldier- he was more like a security guard soldier of some kind. He left his home and tried to become a soldier-but never got in. They say when Zack died- Cloud stole his identity and made up a illusionary world with it ?

I think he belongs to that type of heroes who don't like to be controlled. Considering the military people follow orders and do what higher authority says. That's something the character of the cloud don't want to follow. So we have to see things in that case.

Cloud never really made a full soldier from what I know, he tried but wasn't confirmed as one. Even Zack told him that he wasn't a soldier in a vision he had during his fight with Sephiroth but him not being a soldier didn't take away his merit and valor as a brave soldier.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Some characters are meant to be hot heads and not be the type that follow all rules. I think that the real reason why Cloud doesn't wear the military uniform was because he knew deep down that he wasn't a full soldier but he was ever willing to die as one.

Some characters are meant to be hot heads and not be the type that follow all rules. I think that the real reason why Cloud doesn't wear the military uniform was because he knew deep down that he wasn't a full soldier but he was ever willing to die as one.

I completely agree with you on this about Cloud being everything a soldier should be. He is strong, have regards for human life and survival of the planet. So he is more than just a soldier to me. Wearing a uniform isn't what makes one a true soldier but how one acts.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I completely agree with you on this about Cloud being everything a soldier should be. He is strong, have regards for human life and survival of the planet. So he is more than just a soldier to me. Wearing a uniform isn't what makes one a true soldier but how one acts.

I agree with you on this, even though a uniform is part of what a soldier should wear to show his designation but it's not actually what makes one a soldier. It's the same case with Cloud, a soldier is meant to protect lives and it's exactly what Cloud excelled in.

Cloud did more than what even a full soldier could have done. Fighting Sephiroth who wanted to end their planet, not everyone can pull off such strength beating Sephiroth with all his power.