Netflix Tiptoes Into Cloud Gaming

Staff member
<p>Netflix has been running a quiet (and we mean QUIET, people) video game division of their company for a couple years now. If you download the Netflix app, you can play dozens of mobile games free of charge — not the typical mobile definition of “free,” but truly free, without microtransactions. Most users are not aware they can do this, because Netflix doesn’t really promote it. (I know, they don’t promote anything, but this time a little ad campaign might have been beneficial.)</p>

Administrator
I Had been playing Queen's Gambit and spongebon diner since they launched it.

Buying studios for exclusives? They're stepping up. Cloud gaming beta in Canada and the UK? Intriguing, but a phone screen as a controller? Not ideal. Google's Stadia fail comes to mind. I'm all for keeping games in my collection.

AMAWEMEN Hear me roar!
You know what bugs me? Netflix diving into cloud gaming while leaving their writers and actors in the dust. Seriously, they're out there striking on the streets, fighting for fair treatment. And what's Netflix doing? Messing with cloud gaming that most of us aren't even interested in. They've got their priorities all messed up. They cancel beloved TV shows, and now this? Not cool, Netflix, not cool at all. #GetYourPrioritiesStraight

Riding Both sides
I actually gave those Netflix games a shot, and let me tell you, they're more boring than watching paint dry. Remember when they ended the partnership between Dead by Daylight and Stranger Things just to give us a super lackluster Stranger Things game? Yeah, I'm still salty about that. And don't even get me started on that "Too Hot to Handle" game they made. It's supposed to be based on the show, but it's not even fun to play. And seriously, limiting romance options to only the opposite sex? Come on, games should be all about freedom and fun, not restrictions. Total bummer.

Master Gamer.
Ugh, Netflix's so-called cloud games are a total letdown. They marketed them as cloud games, but guess what? They're only for mobile phones, and to top it off, they're not even true cloud games. Instead of staying in the cloud, they download and hog up my storage. Seriously, it's like they're pulling a fast one on us. Calling it a "cloud" game when it's actually a storage hog is just plain misleading. What a scam, Netflix, what a scam.

Netflix's cloud gaming is a total scam. They advertised it as cloud gaming, but it's only available on mobile phones, and it's not even true cloud gaming. The games download onto my device and take up space. Netflix, you really dropped the ball on this one.

guy

Sentai Monster with no Mouth Animation
The one shining star in Netflix's cloud gaming lineup has to be the Queen's Gambit game. Playing it got me so interested in chess, and I never thought I'd say that. It's like a gateway to learning the game, and I've been diving into it more than I expected. If only the rest of their games could live up to this standard, Netflix might be onto something. But hey, credit where it's due – the Queen's Gambit game is a winner in my book!

Whoa, didn't know Netflix had free games on their app! That's low-key awesome. But buying game studios? Seems a bit extra. Cloud gaming beta in Canada and the UK? I'm intrigued, but if it means playing on a tiny screen with no controller, I'll pass. Can't blame 'em for being careful after Google's mess. Honestly, I'm cool with owning my games too.

Turning their TV shows and movies into games? That's a pretty interesting move. It's like they're expanding their content universe and offering fans a new way to engage with familiar stories. I'm curious to see how they'll translate narratives into interactive experiences and if they can capture the essence of the originals. It's a bold approach that could create a whole new level of fan engagement. However, they'll need to ensure the gameplay lives up to the source material. I'm eager to see how this pans out and if Netflix can bridge the gap between streaming and gaming successfully.