[GAME] Changeling the Lost: A Faerie Tale in New York

The fox changeling hovered on the edges of consciousness, struggling to hang on as Bruce and Alex tended to her. Shooting a glare at Max before turning back to her rescuers.

"She's.... the hedge... Find .... Glass... the girl" she then passed out, however since Alex and Bruce and managed to stop a lot of the bleeding she was clearly doing better. It was at that moment that 3 changelings pushed through the crowd. One was a beast based off a hummingbird. Her skin a pale green and bright purple hair trimmed with green iridescent feathers. Springs would all know her as Ruby 2nd in command of the verdant court. The Duchess began using magic to aid in the healing (warmth of the blood 2 successes gift of warm breath 3 successes)

The other two were an Autumn Wizened named M, Dr M to be exact. She looked disturbingly like an alien gray but her facial features were defiantly more maternal, she ran a free clinic and was on call for 24 hours for freehold emergencies. Her assistant was a giant, blond, 4 armed, Summer ogress named Brienne. while she looked the most human Brienne looked like she could pretzel a car in less than 60 seconds.

"Good job you two" M congratulated Bruce and Alex as the pair took over tending to the injured vixen.

"Totally" Ruby chirped, looking around anxiously "Now I hate to ask this of you New Bloods but I need a team to follow her trail back through the hedge. We need to discover what she found while the trail is fresh... any volenteers?"

Last edited:
Now assured that the vixen was in safe hands with Dr M. and her towering assistant, Bruce retrieved his cowboy hat from Andrew and fixed it back on his head like a lid. “Cheers, mate. Now I know I can keep you ‘round for something.” He looked from the Drudge, to Alex, and back again, and grinned widely. “She said volunteers. ‘Ow’s that sound for livening up the party? Gets us out of this bore-fest quick-sharp.”

Andrew couldn't help but feel guilty as he watched the vixen suffer as he just stood there, he was here out of the hedge for more then a month but never even considered learning some kind of first aid. Seeing her get treatment was a relief but he still felt like he should have helped some how. The misplaced guilt was almost enough to make him jump at the chance to go to hedge when he might otherwise be hesitant.

"I'll go too! W-we need to know why this happened."

Andrew quickly added, he wasn't entirely comfortable explaining the guilt he was feeling and instead tried to make it seem like he was more curious then anything.

Alex nodded. He was determined to find the one that injured the lovely vixen. "I'll go too. Find the girl. Glass? I think it was."

Lurker
"I kinda owe her one, and since I couldn't pay her back with medical attention im just gonna volunteer and go help out with finding this glass girl or whatever." Max said, not being much help in the situation with her bleeding on the floor he figured he might be able to help with this.

Ruby looked over the volunteers thoughtfully. Aside from the group closest to the injured vixen several other hands had also come up. The Spring duchess raised her hands to call for silence and then addressed the gathered changelings loudly.

“One thing I have learned since my own escape is just how much our kind is susceptible to the whims of fate. When fate moves, no mater how mysteriously, our kind rises to the challenge. Bruce, Andrew, Alex, and Max; you four for better or for worse have heard the last words Sella was able to say… and at least one of you was already familiar with her… therefore it is clear that you four will brave the hedge as a new motley… May you all return safe and your group be worthy of that title” with that speech the Spring windwing let the quartet to a large door set in the nearest wall, opening it to reveal the verdant wilds known as the hedge.

Verdant wilds was a vast understatement as the four entered in through the door the green seemed to press in upon them. The area that had been hollowed into the meeting place was tamed and almost exactly like being inside, out here everything was choked thick of thousands of thorny vines all twisting and curling together as they competed for the same resources. Once and a while clearings could be made out if one looked hard enough and linking those were narrow pathways that were barley maintained despite the efforts of all four courts. The air was thick with the smell of flowers and rotting vegetation, no animals were visible in this section though the group could hear the occasion bird or small creature.

((okay everyone lets have wits + perception rolls to start looking for clues!))

Last edited:
Bruce strolled through the open Hedge-gate and into the awaiting trod as if it were naught, although he did stop and look back over his shoulders. Whether this was because he was waiting for the other three, or because of Ruby’s words, could not entirely be discerned. Motley. It was a kind of sworn brotherhood amongst the Lost, a circle of Changelings who united under a flag, a common oath. It was a tradition as old as the society of the Lost themselves, forged when the first to be spirited away to Arcadia returned to the mortal realm. Bruce had never been part of one, nor did he really consider himself to know these new-bloods well enough for the thought to even cross his mind, but now was not the time for it.

“Yeah, right,” he uttered with the slightest of sneers, “let’s go, ‘motley.’” The bizarre other-dimension of the Hedge opened up before him, with twisting, haunted forests, shadowy canopies of deadly leaves, and suffocating strangle-vines to either side of their path. He knew enough about this place to remember it was dangerous, and not always to be trusted. “Keep an eye out, mates. I’ve ‘eard there’s ‘orrible things like roses that eat your face off and talking great spiders that spread your eyes on toast while you’re still alive.” He grinned at them wickedly. “So, like, just watch where you tread.”

To clear up any confusion, usually when asked to make a Perception roll, it involves your Wits Attribute and your Investigation Skill. Like so:

Bruce rolls Wits + Investigation (5 dice)
8 - 6 - 7 - 9 - 4 = 2 successes.

Last edited:
Andrew’s eye brow would have risen on hearing Bruce’s warning, if he had any eye brows anymore that is. He’d gone through the hedge twice, admittedly the first time he was asleep but he hadn’t had much trouble getting through the on his own. It was only when Bruce had started to walk through the gate that he realized he was probably exaggerating to joke, driving Andrew to let out an audial sigh out of frustration over his own lack of social skills.

As he walked through the gate though he couldn’t help but feel optimistic, though they were going into the unknown they were in a fairly large group, Bruce seemed familiar with this kind of trip and at the very least Andrew knew he could trust his own instincts when it came to directions.

[HIDE]Rolling wits and investigation: 5d10’s
2 – 4 – 2 – 10 – 8 – 10 – 6 = 3 successes[/HIDE]

Alex was rather lost as to the declaration of them being 'Motley' but gave a silent shrug. Bruce's warning put Alex on edge as brief memories of his time as Gaia's toy flashed rapidly by. As the familiar scents and smells of the hedge embraced him, Alex smiled. This bestial place... he knew. Parties, socializing... he did not.

Cracking his neck and taking a deep breath, Alex began to hunt for clues.

[HIDE]Wits + Investigation
10 + 3 + 9 + 10 + 9 + 8 = 5 Successes[/HIDE]

Lurker
There were a lot of odd and amusing places Max found himself enjoying both in his life as a human and as a Changeling, and the hedge sure as hell wasn't one off them. Still he did volunteer, mostly out of guilt, so he had to see this through to the end, wherever that would be, and in a place like this that could be a lot of things. More often than not he would often reign in his more wacky impulses here, something that tended to take him twitch violently from time to time.

"What I'd give to have some security cameras in this mass of wire and gadgets right now.." he said as he looked around, figuring extra eyes would have made things easier.

[HIDE]
Wits + Investigation (3 Dice)
2-10-10

2-10

6 Successes
[/HIDE]