Best strategy games for beginners who love a good story?

Justin J

Active Member
I'm relatively new to strategy games but really enjoy great narratives in my gaming experience. I've played some Fire Emblem titles and loved the character development, but I'm looking for more recommendations that balance strategy and storytelling. What are some beginner-friendly strategy games that have compelling stories?
 
If you enjoyed Fire Emblem for its character development and narrative, you might want to check out XCOM 2. While it leans more towards sci-fi, it has a great story and lots of character interaction. The permadeath feature adds a layer of emotional weight to your decisions that really pulls you into the narrative.

Another excellent choice is Banner Saga. It's a tactical RPG that has a stunning art style and a really engaging story influenced by your choices. The strategy mechanics are accessible for beginners, and it offers a unique blend of storytelling and gameplay that keeps you invested in the characters and their journey.

What do you think of those suggestions? Have you heard of either of them?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top