Lurker
Video of the annoucement:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2spdUrYi6-c"]Comic-Con 2013: Batman sarà nel sequel dell'Uomo d'Acciaio, ecco l'annuncio - YouTube[/ame]

Credit goes to Gold Samurai.

Yeah, I agree that Aquaman would make an awesome movie....I guess at the end of the day DC is waiting for Marvel to make a solo female movie and see how things work.

I love how people lost their collective ****, of course I would done the same at that moment! This is why I love Comic Cons, I remember seeing the Avengers trailer at NYCC and how half of the people lost their collective **** there (since some people didn't stayed all the way to the end of Cap' credits).

The current plan is MOS 2:Featuring Batman,The Flash 2016,and then the Justice League in 2017..

http://www.newsarama.com/18444-repo...-for-warners-then-fladssh-justice-league.html

To me those other films aren't real until we get some information from Warner Bros. themselves. I remember when Batman Begins came out the original plan was to follow it with Superman Returns, then a Wonder Woman film. This was supposed to set up a trilogy of the trinity, and beat Marvel to the punch of a collected universe by about five years. How'd that end up?

Super Moderator
Please do not let the stink of Dark Knight Returns be anywhere near this thing. That story makes both characters look like jackasses. Don’t contrive an excuse to have them at each other’s throats just to serve as fanwank for those who want to prove whose dad can beat up the other fans dad.

If you’re going to bypass developing Superman in his story as a hurry-up to the Justice League at least have the class to portray them as heroes and not combatants in a SummerSlam match-up.

Banned
Please do not let the stink of Dark Knight Returns be anywhere near this thing. That story makes both characters look like jackasses. Don’t contrive an excuse to have them at each other’s throats just to serve as fanwank for those who want to prove whose dad can beat up the other fans dad.

If you’re going to bypass developing Superman in his story as a hurry-up to the Justice League at least have the class to portray them as heroes and not combatants in a SummerSlam match-up.

Looking at both man of steel and rises.. Your fears are exactly what they are probably going to do.

Super Moderator
Looking at both man of steel and rises.. Your fears are exactly what they are probably going to do.

I found that I enjoyed most of Man Of Steel even though it was not perfect nor did it de-throne the Donner film for me but *sigh* yeah.

Some are already starting to quote that damn line from DKR about every waking moment blah,blah, the man who beat you. Encompasses everything I hate about DKR and what it has done to both characters. It became instant Enzyte for every Batman fan who just needed to prove their guy could beat anyone, anytime, all the time for all times regardless of reason or even basic story sense (yet somehow he's still the more relatable one). It also solidified for some people this idea of Superman is only optimistic because he's too dumb and easily duped to be cynical.

Sure you can defend it as an Elseworlds and I guess at the end of the day it's not actually Frank Miller's fault that the industry and the fandom decided to use DKR and Watchmen as unofficial style guides for the whole damn genre but that's still more or less what happened. So to see that creep into versions of the characters in other media is just really infuriating and sad. Especially since I think you could get a good movie out of Worlds Finest if it was done with an appreciation for something besides heroes beating each other up.

I don't like how Returns treated Superman at all so now I'm concerned that it will become Batman's movie, as opposed to Superman AND Batman's movie.

People would fall asleep. Or at least, I would. Brian Azzarello's WW is a critical darling, and it'd be great if it followed a long, storied history of WW like pre-New 52 had. But as a reintroduction of Wonder Woman, it says awful things about her since the first arc isn't even about her. So you're saying (to me, at least) that she's so boring when you thought: What's the best way to reintroduce this character, you'd focus on everyone but her. I....don't know about this.

I just found some of her Pre-New 52 stories to be boring. None of them have been able to hook me in like Azzarello's run has. The first arc helped established the world around Wonder Woman which I think a movie should do. I'm not saying take the entire first arc word from word and adapt it but take the elements like the Gods, the twist with Wonder Woman when she learns a particular thing, and building a cast of characters around her since she doesn't really have a support group outside of other Amazons who don't leave the island.

I'm sure they're better solo Wonder Woman stories out there but I've always liked her interactions when she's apart of the JLA. I'll try to read some more of her Pre-New 52 history.

Banned
I found that I enjoyed most of Man Of Steel even though it was not perfect nor did it de-throne the Donner film for me but *sigh* yeah.

Some are already starting to quote that damn line from DKR about every waking moment blah,blah, the man who beat you. Encompasses everything I hate about DKR and what it has done to both characters. It became instant Enzyte for every Batman fan who just needed to prove their guy could beat anyone, anytime, all the time for all times regardless of reason or even basic story sense (yet somehow he's still the more relatable one). It also solidified for some people this idea of Superman is only optimistic because he's too dumb and easily duped to be cynical.

Sure you can defend it as an Elseworlds and I guess at the end of the day it's not actually Frank Miller's fault that the industry and the fandom decided to use DKR and Watchmen as unofficial style guides for the whole damn genre but that's still more or less what happened. So to see that creep into versions of the characters in other media is just really infuriating and sad. Especially since I think you could get a good movie out of Worlds Finest if it was done with an appreciation for something besides heroes beating each other up.

And this is why I prefer the marvel universe movies. They don't have to fall back on doom and gloom. They are about heroes.

Isn't that what most people are waiting to see when two franchise favorites meet?

Animated Batman and Animated Superman

Jason and Freddy

Alien and Predator

Iron Man VS Thor

Thor VS Hulk

There's no denying that there will be some confrontation

Kid's and fans have had endless conversations on who's favorite character would win in a fight. I'm sure you did too as a kid on the playground.

They want to see their favorite superheroes test themselves against each other.