Are Kamen Rider Spirits Manga Their own Continuity?

DeluxeRobots

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
I've never read the manga's before, but are they their Continuities or part of the Kamen Rider main continuities ?
 
Spirits starts sometime after Super-1. From what I understand, everything up to that point is pretty much with the normal Showa continuity, but from them on (while having many similarities) it diverges from the original.

Technically, Spirits is a skewed retelling of ZX.
 
Which, to be fair, already had like 3 different versions anyway, which may or may not have been compatible, the radio broadcast, the magazine features, and the 10 riders special. But yes, the manga is in continuity with the series from Kamen Rider through to Super-1.
 
It's a retelling of ZX's origin story, greatly expanded (and I mean expanded) but it's still set in basically the same old 'verse as the TV shows. It does use bits of Rider history that never made it to TV, though works them in so it all feels believable (i.e. TV Ichimonji having the comic version's scars. It works within the context of the story.) It's also set in the nearish-present rather than the 80's, but that's no big deal.

It actually doesn't completely write off the TV Special either, instead using it as a basis and building around it (such as V3, Riderman & Super-1 all meeting with ZX at one point together.) I also suspect it's building towards a similar conclusion, albeit cranked up to 11. All in all I see it as an expansion rather than a replacement.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top