Yeah, I know it was mostly made on nostalgia, but I do feel that Kamen Rider SPIRITS could make it to US shores and be successful. But how would one go about bringing it here? I'd love to know, because I would be down with any movement/petition/twitter trend that would bring it over.

Last edited:
Have a manga distributing company buy the rights, translate it into English, put it to paperback, and send shipments of it to stores that sell manga?

I'm not really sure what the question is here. The live action stuff, I can understand. But why do we need to do anything different for the manga? Fans of manga and Kamen Rider will find out about it, but the average anime/manga fan probably won't even know about it until they decide to go manga shopping one faithful day. Manga doesn't get nearly the same advertising as anime, and as far as I can tell, it is famous for getting a proper, faithful translation way more times than anime. Even if the anime is picked up by 4Kids, chances are the manga was treated with better care and respect.

Welcome
People will just assume it's the new Power Rangers or something and disregard it as a rip off.

That's just how anything tokusatsu is treated here.

Welcome
But it's a manga..How would they do that?Just put pages of it translated with people saying the lines on TV?

Have a manga distributing company buy the rights, translate it into English, put it to paperback, and send shipments of it to stores that sell manga?

I'm not really sure what the question is here. The live action stuff, I can understand. But why do we need to do anything different for the manga? Fans of manga and Kamen Rider will find out about it, but the average anime/manga fan probably won't even know about it until they decide to go manga shopping one faithful day. Manga doesn't get nearly the same advertising as anime, and as far as I can tell, it is famous for getting a proper, faithful translation way more times than anime. Even if the anime is picked up by 4Kids, chances are the manga was treated with better care and respect.

Oh. Well I rephrased the question as "how would you bring the manga to American shores?" Thanks for telling me.

People will just assume it's the new Power Rangers or something and disregard it as a rip off.

That's just how anything tokusatsu is treated here.

That may be true for the TV shows, but not the manga. The manga is allowed to present characters and settings in an anime style while doing things creatively that a TV show wouldn't have ever been able to do. That's the same reason why it's easier to make a cartoon than a live action superhero show, they can get away with things they wouldn't have the time or budget to flush out as properly in the comics. And even if there are manga fans who would just think it's a Power Rangers rip off, who cares? It'll still sell among the fans of toku, manga, and anyone curious enough to give it a try. I am guessing you never actually read an issue of Spirits.

Come to think of it, wasn't there OFFICIALLY translated volumes of Spirits being sold online somewhere, like iTunes or something? It was only for a short time, but I remember it happening.

This is how one would do that, good sir!
\Shameless plugging something that is not his.

That would be so awesome. Thank you for sharing that.

Welcome
I am guessing you never actually read an issue of Spirits.

I have.It's just that once most American people see a suited guy, they'll just automatically assume it's a Power Ranger rip off.Yes, there are people willing to try, but the majority will just disregard it as one.I'm just unsure if there will be enough fans of toku and curious people that won't judge it right away that will buy it so it generates enough profit to keep going.