Are Heisei Kamen Riders TRUE Kamen Riders

I guess a good analogy is, the original riders were like milk. The Heisei Riders are like ice cream.
Both are different, very different. But esentially, there the same.
Now I hope the next generation of Riders come out like cheese. Just as different and foreign to us as the Heisei Riders are to the older guys.

I like that analogy. :)

And it doesn't seem to make sense to try and compare things to how they USED to be. The Heisei riders have their own flavor, as well as the Shouwa. Just because some come off as weaker than others, doesn't mean they're any less of a rider than their predecessors. It just adds more for the writers to build off of, and leaves room for a ton of character development.

Aren't we all just looking for a good story with a dash of action to listen to? That's what the Kamen Rider series is: a good story. There's no need to take each series and compare them to the tiniest detail and argue over who's more of a rider than the other. They all fight for justice in their own way, facing their own set of problems to deal with.
 
I like that analogy. :)

And it doesn't seem to make sense to try and compare things to how they USED to be. The Heisei riders have their own flavor, as well as the Shouwa. Just because some come off as weaker than others, doesn't mean they're any less of a rider than their predecessors. It just adds more for the writers to build off of, and leaves room for a ton of character development.

Aren't we all just looking for a good story with a dash of action to listen to? That's what the Kamen Rider series is: a good story. There's no need to take each series and compare them to the tiniest detail and argue over who's more of a rider than the other. They all fight for justice in their own way, facing their own set of problems to deal with.

Good point. :) I'll be sure to remember that in the future.
 
I have to adimit, I love old things. Specially Kamen Rider, but I really do like how the Heishi riders have made This decade of Kamen Rider their own. It really has the essence of the old series, but has its own identity that brings new life into it.

Just because the new riders have more manual belts and arent what the past riders are, is no reason to judge them.

Kamen Rider, or any other series, doesnt have to always have to follow the path of its ancestors. Theres no reason to badmouth it, just because it does something new:buttrock:
 
I have to adimit, I love old things. Specially Kamen Rider, but I really do like how the Heishi riders have made This decade of Kamen Rider their own. It really has the essence of the old series, but has its own identity that brings new life into it.

Just because the new riders have more manual belts and arent what the past riders are, is no reason to judge them.

Kamen Rider, or any other series, doesnt have to always have to follow the path of its ancestors. Theres no reason to badmouth it, just because it does something new:buttrock:

I never meant to badmouth the Heisei series. I was just wondering if this was what Ishinomori envisioned, that's all.
 
kamen rider has been on TV for a long time. If they were using the same ideas they did back in the '70s, that would be just repetitive and boring.
 
The essence of Kamen Rider is not their character but a warrior of justice who fights for those who need him against those who are unjust...

It's not the character, the looks (you have to take into consideration what was "idol" material of those days), or look. But their purpose and morals as a Kamen Rider.

People seem to miss that, so caught up in this elitist attitude that Shouwa did it better.

true


...They are heroes that save people either way you want to look at it.

also true.

speaking as a Rider series newbie, they are all heroes in my eyes, I loved Den-O, I love Kabuto(5 episodes in and i love it) and i love Amazon and Black.
 
I never meant to badmouth the Heisei series. I was just wondering if this was what Ishinomori envisioned, that's all.

Appealing to authority, especially a dead one, is never a constructive addition to a cconversation. All this talk of 'so and so rolling in his/her grave' is just silly.
 
Look, both sides have valid points in the argument. No, there is nothing wrong with Heisei riders having their own flavor and way of doing things... to an extent.

At some point, you CAN change a series to the point where it stops resembling the thing is started out as. At this point, should it really be called the same thing? That question has to be asked

In food, you can have a lot of variation in how you prepare a certain thing, inside of certain limits. If you take the eggs out of a souffle, it's not a souffle anymore, no matter how much you refer to it as such. In some cases with Kamen Rider, you can make it so different, that it's no longer Kamen Rider, and it's bad for both the show, and the franchise to call it such. Some people here say with such a difinitive sense that because Toei says it is, then we should just shut up and accept it, I think that;s a mistake since then anything could be passed off as being Kamen Rider and the show will suffer.

However, strict adherance to a formula doesn't work either. Remaking Rider 1 every year would get old fast (just like remaking Den-O failed for Kiva, not to mention he is one of the bulkiest Kamen Riders). Which is why I so love Kamen Rider G
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top