2016-2017 Kamen Rider: Ex-Aid trademarked

I'm guessing it was a joke and not a legitimate attempt to blame a producer for "making that character I didn't personally like". Or at least I hope so. :laugh:

I also saw Ex-Aid's compound eyes in the new official images that have shown up, it's a nice lil detail.
 
Daigo, for sure. But what was wrong with Shinnosuke?

Yeah, that was badly phrased. It's not so much Shinnosuke as a character, as Drive giving me a similar feeling as Kyoryuger that the lives of other characters are disposable for the sake of the hero's happy ending - there's no real reason why all four of the redeemed Roidmudes needed to die
 
Huh, I didn't even think of 8-bit sprites being an inspiration for why he looks SD. I suppose that makes a lot of sense then.

So, if TV Asahi is gaining more control over the franchise, does that mean they really are unsatisfied with the ratings? Has the same thing happened on Zyuohger?
 
If it's really the reason that they put tv asahi's producer in charge because of the ratings or sales, how can they fix that issue??

You know ex-aid is already kid friendly, with a childish design and game things......maybe they want to make it a SIMPLE story for kids so that they can understand it easily? Or make something interactive so that the show is acceptable for all ages?
 
Yeah, that was badly phrased. It's not so much Shinnosuke as a character, as Drive giving me a similar feeling as Kyoryuger that the lives of other characters are disposable for the sake of the hero's happy ending - there's no real reason why all four of the redeemed Roidmudes needed to die

Not this again. :nono:
We get it. You hate Drive.
Enough beating a dead horse.

But seriously, how would YOU have ended Drive.
What "ending" satisfies you?
What's the Sentai/Rider/Toku show ending that satisfied you in recent years?
 
Had no idea that happened with Fourze, it seemed like it turned out fine, at least to me - it's my second favorite Rider show.
I dunno if that was ever confirmed or just a rumour but he did notably fewer episodes than a head writer normally would, and the secondary writers handled some episodes like the final form introduction that would normally be the head writer's job. Which is fine if the secondary writers can handle it, though I recall many people complaining that Riku Sanjo was basically writing his episodes as if he was still writing Double instead of a different series with different characters.
If it's really the reason that they put tv asahi's producer in charge because of the ratings or sales, how can they fix that issue??
Well the network wouldn't get involved to increase merch sales. That's not the part that they care about. Usually Rider's best ratings occur around the time one series ends and another begins, so maybe they're hoping a strong end to Ghost will translate into a strong start for Ex-Aid? But again, I wonder what they can do with less than 10 episodes left - usually as soon as the final form is introduced Toei will start slowly transferring staff over to the new show, so by the time they get to making the finale they're basically working with a skeleton crew.
 
Not this again. :nono:
We get it. You hate Drive.
Enough beating a dead horse.

But seriously, how would YOU have ended Drive.
What "ending" satisfies you?
What's the Sentai/Rider/Toku show ending that satisfied you in recent years?

You're the one "beating a dead horse" by trying to argue with me. I pointed out one aspect of both Drive and Kyoryuger that I disliked and attribute to Ohmori. I could be wrong; maybe it was Sanjo; maybe someone else. But given Ohmori's focus on toy sales, I'm inclined to think it was him. I'd like to be wrong. I would like Ex-Aid to be better.

I dunno if that was ever confirmed or just a rumour but he did notably fewer episodes than a head writer normally would, and the secondary writers handled some episodes like the final form introduction that would normally be the head writer's job. Which is fine if the secondary writers can handle it, though I recall many people complaining that Riku Sanjo was basically writing his episodes as if he was still writing Double instead of a different series with different characters.

He wasn't so much writing for W as using his own characterisation and subplots etc. that didn't match up with what everyone else was doing. Sanjo wrote most of the episodes where people complained about Yuki (whereas she was less loud and childish in Nakashima's episodes.) Gentaro was more cartoonish and less sharp in Sanjo's episodes. He did random things like trying to start a Gentaro/Miu/Shun love triangle - which made no sense, since nothing ever came of it and none of the other writers on the show picked it up. He's unlikely to work on Ex-Aid but a competent sub-writing team would be nice. With any luck, not Hasegawa again; I don't think he's done a very good job on Ghost this year.
 
The main writer of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, Yuya Takahashi (高橋悠也), may sounds unfamiliar, but he has done tokusatu works in the past, such as Kamen Rider Drive: Secret Mission Type TOKUJO (Blu-Ray exclusive 4-part miniseries) and 2 Eight Rangers movies, so he does have some toku writing exprience.
http://www.queen-b.jp/profile/takahashi.html

Personally, I think Nobuhiro Mouri should have been main writer; he has written few decent toku episodes in last couple of years, so I think it's about time Toei should give him chance. Oh well. I guess I have to wait for next sentai or rider.
 
I agree Mouri deserves a promotion to head writer but if he doesn't get the 2017 Sentai, it would be nice to keep him around as a secondary writer on Ex-Aid. He's decent at handling movie tie-ins and crossover eps ...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top