The new breed.
...d-does not compute
For example Its like saying that Toei hides the flaws of live action behind hot super cute Idols for men and pleasing horny girls with super sexy men, then the fact that the show is terrible or the characters suck will be fixed with a "She's\He's hot!" comment, this is how Toei keeps the ratings coming :thumbs:

It's over 8,000!
But Shotaro does have character development. Lots of it. He goes from being an extremely insecure guy living in the shadow of a man he idolised and simply cannot get over the loss of to someone more confident in his own abilities and able to accept that Narumi is gone.

We don't know much about his backstory because Shotaro is an everyman. Part of the reason he's so beloved by fans is because he's very easy to identify with and project yourself on to. We've all felt like Shotaro at some point, like we weren't good enough and had to pretend to be cooler than we were. If Shotaro were given some tragic past or exciting backstory it would go against everything he is, becaue Shotaro is meant to be ordinary (aside from the whole being a Kamen Rider thing) and identifiable.

Please rephrase that. :)

I also can identify with Batman. It's just so you know.

For example Its like saying that Toei hides the flaws of live action behind hot super cute Idols for men and pleasing horny girls with super sexy men, then the fact that the show is terrible or the characters suck will be fixed with a "She's\He's hot!" comment, this is how Toei keeps the ratings coming :thumbs:
Oh... pretty characters. I gotcha now. That makes a lot more sense.
-ryukendo was kind of torturous...

A friend of ours us trying to sell us on Ryukendo now, and... well, we've come to the consensus that it's enjoyable if and only if we just skip straight to the fight scenes. :)

Please rephrase that. :)

Er, is there a reason I need to? It's a bit of a long sentence, yeah, but it's in plain English.

But since you asked: at the start of W, Shotaro is obviously very unhappy, both with himself and with the fact that, you know, someone he looked up to is dead. By the end of W, he is much more confident and isn't hugely depressed that Oyasan is dead anymore.

^How's that?

- Post-Timeranger Sentai has generally been mediocre to downright bad. (That includes Dekaranger!)
- Utraman is better made than most Sentai and Rider nowadays.
- Other than Ultraman, most tokusatsu has lost its "heroic" feel and doesn't "feel" like you're watching a toku anymore. It's more like you're watching them just going through the motions without any real heart.
- Black isn't a bad show, but it's overrated.
- Black RX isn't as great as it could have been, but it's not so terrible either.
- Decade is one of the worst tokus ever.
- Ryuki is one of the best tokus ever, it just chokes in the homestretch with its last ten episodes.
- Garo is fun, but it's massively overrated.
- Tomica Hero is terrible.
- Many of the toku girls fanboys slobber over aren't that attractive. [I'm looking at you, Mayuko Arisue (Satonaka in OOO) who dresses in five-year olds' ballerina dresses and thinks it's cute.] Whereas folk like Hiroko Sato (Kaori in Ryukendo and Yashiro in Decade), Mika Hijii (Kaoru in Garo) and Haruka Suenaga (Sakura in Boukenger) are more or less ignored.
- Fiveman is more or less enjoyable despite the lacklusterness compared to Hirohisa Soda's past Sentais.

They don't have to be fat, but more people who are obviously over 20 and don't look like supermodels would be nice. Black Fang made a great post somewhere (I can't find it now) about how we don't get series like Gingaman or Kakuranger any more where the heroes looked like ordinary country kids

I don't remember where I said that myself :p

I don't think the first one is that unpopular.
I have seen some Kabuto hate on this and other forums. I haven't seen many people who like Kabuto.( most people just say that the first few episodes are good and that everything else sucks).
- Decade is one of the worst tokus ever.
This is not really a unpopular opinion since i have seen many people who dislike Decade. I think you will find more people who hate Decade then people who liked it.

Kuuguitar
How's this for an unpopular opinion:

This fandom has its more than fair share of nostalgia-freaks.