Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Being a hero isn't just about epic battles with monsters and getting shitty add-on powers from nowhere. This is where sentai is going wrong these days. Acts of goodness or hard work is what should give them the powers they need to defeat the monsters or obstacles in their way.

I think there's been plenty of that in recent Sentai. Character does something stupid and misguided because (s)he thinks (s)he's being noble and heroic (Eri wants to make a child's birthday cake before she will fight, ShinkenGold refusing to kill Juzo, Go-on Blue defending a Gaiark ...), this puts the whole world in danger as well as all the heroes, but the show thinks it's made a positive moral point. Give me the add-ons any day ...

Nice post!!
Why in God's name do you waste your time watching this stuff if you hold such basic genre conceits in such low esteem?

The fact that Gosei Knight cares more about saving the world than it's people, makes him more of a machine than a person. In fact being a hero is more than just fighting monsters & villians, it's also about helping other people in any aspects of life.

二番目の翻訳者
The world wasn't put in any danger because Eri was making a cake. The world wasn't put in any danger because the Goseigers were helping a dude find love, or because Aguri decided to help a farmer bring in his harvest, or because Moune decided to do a cheer dance for a sick girl, or because Alata wanted to learn how to do a pull-up on the high bar.

There are no scenes in which the Goseigers are in trouble and someone shouts OH IF ONLY ERI WASN'T OFF BAKING A CAKE, THE DAY WOULD BE SAVED. They are perfectly capable of holding down the fort while she's off doing something that's important to her. This is basically the entire point of Alata's character.

To the contrary, one of the things that is consistently portrayed in Goseiger is that these lessons always help them to defeat the monster. Because this show is not about showing how brute force is the solution to all of life's problems. It encourages people to do what they love and pursue a variety of interests, because even something that seems like a stupid waste of time to the people around you can still be useful if you really care about it.

What a horrible lesson for children, indeed.

Some kind of Beast mode
Kou you won, we get it. lol Lesson learned.

Though...I still don't like Nozomu. Yuuta FTW!

Now that's a kid whose courages and puts his life on the line. Best part..he can act as well.

Best part..he can act as well.
Nozomu can act. He's the only member of the Goseiger cast that can. Even the rubber monsters have had better facial reactions than the Goseigers at times.

Some kind of Beast mode
Nozomu can act. He's the only member of the Goseiger cast that can. Even the rubber monsters have had better facial reactions than the Goseigers at times.

lol please neon, don't count Aguri as all of the Goseigers. He can't handle that.

Seriously everyone else is fine..nozomu has 0 enthusiasm whatsoever. Even when he's happy he seems depressed.

With a dad like that, it doesn't surprise me he's always depressed. Probably forgets to feed Nozomu sometimes.

Seriously everyone else is fine..nozomu has 0 enthusiasm whatsoever. Even when he's happy he seems depressed.
You must mistake him for Alata. :/
Seriosuly, that must be the case. I just. I just can't see how you think that child has worse ability than him.

Some kind of Beast mode
With a dad like that, it doesn't surprise me he's always depressed. Probably forgets to feed Nozomu sometimes.

:laugh:

You must mistake him for Alata. :/
Seriosuly, that must be the case. I just. I just can't see how you think that child has worse ability than him.

In Epic 1 I would agree with you, but he's redeemed himself too many times for him to be a bad actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.