Real Heroism, like that "I don't even know you but I will still die for you" thing. That's a theme Kamen Rider never tried in the Heisei era at least, they touched on it with Kuuga a little bit and maybe had some characters that alluded to having that attribute but you never really see a lot of it.

Anyway to go with something what the OP had in mind: Pirates? Ninja? Something international (ala the Rider goes from country to country frequently)? Selfbuilt Riders (Iron Man and Tony Stark stuff)?

Real Heroism, like that "I don't even know you but I will still die for you" thing. That's a theme Kamen Rider never tried in the Heisei era at least, they touched on it with Kuuga a little bit and maybe had some characters that alluded to having that attribute but you never really see a lot of it.

Ryoutaro had a little bit of that didn't he?

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
MP3 players, or some other sort of "material" thing. Shoot, we've had cell phones, playing cards, and even the Suica system. Why not just go all the way?

This may be a bit early, but. Martial Arts?

Rider's would practice in the art of the Lotus, and his motif would be that insect.

I know it screams Gekiranger and the Hopper Brothers from Kabuto, but you never know. Heisei version of Super-1, right?

In Justice, We Trust!
How about a police themed Kamen Rider series?

A Sci-Fi tech based Rider series.

And an idea I have kicking around in my head for awhile: An elemental(Basically, 4 riders, each one with animal themes, controling: Air, earth, water, fire), mystical, Japanese folklore theme Rider series.