Eye See You
WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS ****?.

I just found this out from my Toku Brotha' and this pisses me off big time. Why the hell did he turn it down? I really enjoyed him in the first movie.

I guess he only wants to be remembered as Niles.

Man I'm super pissed about this. :shakefist

I just hope Christian Bale never turns down a Batman role.

Nope.

Niles is actually cool.

He turned down the credit for his character and gave it to the in suit actor instead. He did the voice, but felt the credit should go to the suit actor. :thumbs:

Eye See You
Holy ****. That's like every Tokusatsu Fan's dream.

I went from hating Niles to praising him within 15 minutes.

That's what he did in the first film, Keith. All the reviews of part 2 say that Doug Jones is doing the suit acting and the voice.

He turned down the credit for his character and gave it to the in suit actor instead. He did the voice, but felt the credit should go to the suit actor. :thumbs:

I was gonna say, I clearly remember hearing his voice in the trailer.

Its funny I saw the preview on tv and did not think it was his voice ...

That's what he did in the first film, Keith. All the reviews of part 2 say that Doug Jones is doing the suit acting and the voice.

Listening to a interview with Doug Jones, he said that it's Niles voice, but he gave over credit of the character to Doug Jones.

From the IMDB FAQ:
Why isn't David Hyde Pierce doing the voice for Abe this time?
EditHistoryDelete In the first movie, it was a decision by the studio to have David's voice for Abe Sapien instead of Doug. The reason for this is that they hoped to bank on David's name bringing in more people to the theater. This backfired when David refused to take credit for what he felt was truly Doug Jones' role and as such never promoted the movie, never did any interviews and didn't go to the premier.

Since Universal is producing this movie instead of Sony or Revolution, they are allowing Doug to do the voice of Abe and David hasn't been asked to return.

For the record, David tried to modulate his voice to sound like Doug's when he did the looping sessions for the first movie.