Dear David, Viral Twitter thread turned horror movier

The Truth will set you free
It's amazing how something as simple as a string of tweets can draw in you so completely. I couldn't help but feel the hair on my arms stand on end with each new update as I read the discussion. It was as if I were experiencing the haunting with Adam Ellis. Now that I've heard about the film adaptation, I can't stop myself from getting excited. I agree that the film may have some difficulties given BuzzFeed and Twitter's rocky histories, but I'm prepared to give it a shot.

Wow, the "Dear David" Twitter thread is the stuff of nightmares! I remember reading it late at night and then being too scared to sleep. It was genuinely one of the creepiest things I've ever encountered. The fact that they're making it into a movie has me intrigued and excited. Of course, I'm also a bit cautious, as adapting such an engaging and spooky online story to the big screen is no small feat.

Not a Jojo Reference
I've never used Twitter, so I'm not aware with the "Dear David" thread, but after reading the synopsis, I must say it seems intriguing! My interest is rekindled by a story about ghost from social media. The way the original thread blended many types of media for storytelling appears to be a novel method, and it's exciting to hear that it's being adapted into a film.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is humiliating, lol. I recall reading a piece of the original discussion that seemed very eerie, but this seems completely ludicrous. Why are the dismal scenes also so dark? That hasn't been seen since the 1980s, when most cameras couldn't catch very dark scenes.

The fact that the movie is coming from BuzzFeed Studios and is based on a Twitter thread also raises some concerns for me. Twitter is not literature, why make a movie out of tweets?

Executioner
I can't help but believe that the trailer is lacking in inventiveness. It appears to follow the traditional horror movie format, and I hope they don't terrify the audience simply with jump scares and clichés.

yikes,I am cowering from watching that trailer because that kid with dented head gives me the heebie jeebies.

It's amazing how something as simple as a string of tweets can draw in you so completely. I couldn't help but feel the hair on my arms stand on end with each new update as I read the discussion. It was as if I were experiencing the haunting with Adam Ellis. Now that I've heard about the film adaptation, I can't stop myself from getting excited. I agree that the film may have some difficulties given BuzzFeed and Twitter's rocky histories, but I'm prepared to give it a shot.
I'm also curious to see how they handle the film's ending. The Twitter thread ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, and I'm not sure how they're going to resolve it in the film. I'm sure it's going to be something that will keep people talking long after they've seen the film.

Oh wow, this would be one hell of a scary movie, especially based on the fact that it was based on a true life experience. Lets see how it goes when it comes out though.