Lurker
Episode 3 definitely was Ultraman X's first bad episode. I don't view Asuna's thing about normal girls to be entirely sexiest..... Just extremely lame. Especially if the writers tried to set it up as some backstory.

Episode 3 definitely was Ultraman X's first bad episode. I don't view Asuna's thing about normal girls to be entirely sexiest..... Just extremely lame. Especially if the writers tried to set it up as some backstory.

Yeah, it was a really lame backstory to boot. I mean, it's one thing to want to go out and be fashionable and then feel like practicing kendo is against what you want to do or how you feel as a person. But to preach that it's a bad thing for ANY girl to want to NOT be fashionable? In the span of just one episode, Asuna not only shot straight down to becoming my least favorite character on this show (even below the XiO members who right now don't have much of any personality) but it makes me question the writing staff they have on board this year. Where are Chiaki J. Konaka, Keiichi Hasegawa or Masanao Akahoshi when you need them?

I read it more as her expressing her frustrations with having to be fashionable being the norm but she was gonna do it anyway. It was a confusing scene regardless. I actually don't mind Asuna being a badass who also happens to enjoy being traditionally girly sometimes (that's basically my girlfriend's M.O.) but what really offended me about the episode was building it as Asuna's story and then unceremoniously knocking her unconscious for the entirety of the final battle so the boys could come in and make things right. Not cool, guys. She's handled better in episode 4 but the show still seems a lot more interested in her male counterparts. SIGH.

It feels more like "while on the job, she has to be professional and such, but during her personal time, she wants to be fashionable"
She was looking forward a lot to wearing the heels, so
during the mission which took her rest day, she couldn't resist the temptation

It feels more like "while on the job, she has to be professional and such, but during her personal time, she wants to be fashionable"
She was looking forward a lot to wearing the heels, so
during the mission which took her rest day, she couldn't resist the temptation

You see, I have no problem with that. The scene where she explains herself to Daichi is what got to me.

And god, don't even get me started on the fact she started feeling that way because she beat the boy she liked.

Shyni
Asuna mostly makes me think that Ryoh from Dyna was more impressive. I don't mind since I like thinking about Dyna, but that specific thought probably wasn't the intention.

The miniature sets in this show are amazing but that screencapture is a composite shot, not a set.

Huh, really? I thought it was on the set due to how the lightning affected the lighting. I guess that means the composites are seamless enough that it's actually hard to tell the difference unless you know what to look for, which is a pretty good achievement..

Huh, really? I thought it was on the set due to how the lightning affected the lighting. I guess that means the composites are seamless enough that it's actually hard to tell the difference unless you know what to look for, which is a pretty good achievement..

The difference is pretty obvious if you've become trained to look for it like I have over the past few years but I'm a special sort of weird. I can pick out specific miniatures across multiple productions these days. Also, the lighting effect in question is a pretty simple AfterEffects trick. I've done something similar in my own shorts before.

A few things:
-It was awesome to see Zero and hear his battle theme and Susume!Ultraman Zero,but it was kinda dickish of Zero telling X and Daichi they're not experienced enough to fight along side him.
-I found Rui very annoying in this episode, even if it was hilarious how she pissed off Alien Nackle.
-Speaking of Alien Nackle, I'm glad they finally got the head right.
-Also who was interested in buying the Spark Dolls? Can't be Alien Chibu Exceller.......
-I laughed when Zero commented on X wearing the Aegis armor and X Ultra-photo bombing the selfie.

A few things:
-It was awesome to see Zero and hear his battle theme and Susume!Ultraman Zero,but it was kinda dickish of Zero telling X and Daichi they're not experienced enough to fight along side him.

Considering Zero was a Tsundere, what he really meant to tell X was probably: "I don't want you to get hurt while helping me." lol