I liked him when he wasn't a god
I liked Gaim (although I certainly have some issues with it) and yet I would have welcomed a change of pace; I found it a hard watch sometimes with awful things happening to characters I cared for. I was more than prepared to welcome Drive; it just isn't engaging me in any way. It's not even my dislike for the producer after Kyoryuger. There have been shows that started out great and later fell flat for me (Wizard) and shows that I never anticipated liking as much as I do now (Go-Busters.) I may warm up to Drive, it just isn't happening right away

In Justice, We Trust!
I'm enjoying Drive myself.

Though the shift cars are pretty lame and a lot of elements from this show seems heavily borrowed from other Riders…

This far I've spotted Kiva, W, Agito, Kabuto, OOO, and Fourze elements...

DSP

Lurker
For a show that is going ot be 40+ episodes, people saying it's worse than W or just bad in general are really jumping the gun. It's not perfect but it's really far too early to judge. Look at Wizard, blinder of an opening and then slowly deterioated over the course of the year.

For me it's at least a fun show that's keeping me intrigued enough to keep going, for one I like the mysteries actually being mysteries in that they're showing them solving them as opposed to W where for the most part had a process where Shotaro would run around asking people in a montage, then asking Philip to search the database and boom instant solution.

The slowdown effect is a bit pants, I'm not going to lie it took me a while to realise what the effect was meant to be in the world, especially as for some reason during a density shift they can talk normally?? It just doesn't look good and makes me think the video is lagging and makes me wonder what the director was thinking...actually who is the director for this series?

Lurker
people saying it's worse than W are really jumping the gun.

I am enjoying Drive, but even I can confirm this to be true. It's most definitely worse than W.

*Hentailover is extremely biased, as W is his favorite KR series*

I have to admit that I was impressed with how much they fit into this episode.

Glad that it is focusing on traumatic events from Kiriko's past which make the case more personal for her. Investigation scenes weren't bad but were rushed. Loved the revelation of a Proto-Drive, that mystery will be interesting to see unfold. The villains this week seemed to be pretty creepy, and I like how it seems it will be multiple villains of the week but no side-character guest to focus around.

Big Monster was alright but Dream Vegas was... blegh. Glad it was played up for laughs, cause I don't know if anyone could take that seriously. Action is still top-notch.

The humour and choppy editing style is back, I guess it might bug people but I honestly felt it was pretty cute.

Chase seems badass. Mashin Chaser looks great. And both Drive and Mashin Chaser's Henshin poses were very nice.

This episode definitely succeeded in making me want to watch the next!

I think one of the issues with the Shift Cars is... at first glance the show is like Gaim in the whole skipping of the robot buddies thing, but... well, that's not really true now is it? Yeah, they're not only back, they've stolen the limelight.

Lurker
Is it just me or the fandom is becoming more impatient with toku series? Drive only aired 3 episodes (which are good and entertaining IMO) and people already compared it with Double, making negative comments. ToqGer's plot picked up at episode 11 with Zed debuts and moved on with interesting plot twists, yet it is still considered bland and slow paced. Even for Gaim, everyone lost their minds when ep 25 came out (the one focus on Gridon and Bravo) and called it the worst episode ever. I wonder when and why have the fandom became so hard to pleased

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I like Kiriko, I enjoy Shinosuke when he's not being pointlessly lazy like in the begining of the episode and I'm curious about Mr. Belt too... I don't the SCU that much because they seem competant enough ('cept for the old man in charge who doesn't seem to have any point being there) at their job despite their eccentricities...

but whenever a fight scene break out I tend to just glaze over. It's just not as exciting as it could be. The whole gimmick is terrible and really slows down the action. I can't wait for them to get to the point where they can just do the tire change off screen and spare us the whole motion.

And I really can't get into the Shift Cars! What is the theme with these cars?! What's the point? WHY are they cars in the first place? where does the power come from? It's like... "Here's some magical wacky cars! Fight evil with it!"...where's the integration into the story?! It just doesn't work!

Also, why the HECK don't our hero constaly carry a shift car with them to protect them from Slowdown?! That's absolutely stupid to go around without that protection!

Is it just me or the fandom is becoming more impatient with toku series? Drive only aired 3 episodes (which are good and entertaining IMO) and people already compared it with Double, making negative comments. ToqGer's plot picked up at episode 11 with Zed debuts and moved on with interesting plot twists, yet it is still considered bland and slow paced. Even for Gaim, everyone lost their minds when ep 25 came out (the one focus on Gridon and Bravo) and called it the worst episode ever. I wonder when and why have the fandom became so hard to pleased

I think it's that some of the fandom expect too much. While Drive is just fresh out of the gate, to call it the worst is just too premature especially with just 3 episodes.

Am i the only one that really loves the fight scenes, as in really love them. Something about them seem very kinetic, as in you could feel every punch and hit that happens. I get every ones complaints about the shift cars but considering we just had an entire series with fruit armor, my eyes can overlook them but maybe that's just me.