R

raden238

I'm calling it now, Kiriko is an android.

Oh no not another bizarre revelation of our female leads. We seen this back to back already with Koyomi and Mai. Strangely though, it could happen if Kiriko's "robotic", all serious attitude continues and she doesn't lighten up by the end. Her being an android could be a good explanation for it.

I didn't like it. At all.

I hate the alternate wheels (base form looks fine tho). The humor fell completely flat for me. The cast seems to be full of caricatures and clowns. Nothing about the combat felt fresh or energetic, just by-the-numbers action of the sort we've seen plenty in the past. (With the exception of that pretty bad ass attack that sent #29 flying on wires)

I was literally LAUGHING. Like couldn't-stop-myself, cracking-up laughing when the wannabe hotwheels were revealed. It was dark and I was really digging the monster designs and I was totally into it! And then the cars appeared and I laughed like I haven't laughed in a long time. Then I completely stopped being able to see the show as anything other than patently ridiculous. Worthy of ridicule.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Ah. The first episode was a lot better now that I can understand it. Much better outlook on what's to come than before as it kind of feels like an incredibly serious character stuck in a bizarre farce, sets up an overarching mystery & fully understanding the parameters of the monsters is making them a lot more intriguing, as well.

Now, I just have to wait for episode 2 to get translated...:redface2:

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Yeah, but I'm at a library, so I can't download anything. I have to wait for someone to post it somewhere.:disappoin

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
Episode 1 was pretty alright. Just didn't like some bits like the Shift Cars (they seem a bit overpowered for such a lame gimmick) and Shinnosuke knowing exactly what to do for that Rider Kick seemed improbable as hell, too.
And freaking hell, the suit looks SO MUCH better without that freaking Tire. here's hoping an upgrade form will be able to go without Tires at all.
Loving that belt voice, though, and the set-up so far seems pretty good, too. o3o Getting a Fourze-vibe from that floating number returning to monster form after it's first defeat. o3o

and Shinnosuke knowing exactly what to do for that Rider Kick seemed improbable as hell, too.

I think it's already a given that they know how to use the Rider Kick. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The only Rider who had to be taught his/her first Rider Kick from what I've seen is Fourze. For those Riders that started out the series knowing nothing, Gaim, and OOO already had a Rider Kick ready. Everyone else, I think, had been a Rider for some time before the start of the series.

Lurker
I think it's already a given that they know how to use the Rider Kick. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The only Rider who had to be taught his/her first Rider Kick from what I've seen is Fourze. For those Riders that started out the series knowing nothing, Gaim, and OOO already had a Rider Kick ready. Everyone else, I think, had been a Rider for some time before the start of the series.

There is no one teach Gentarou how to rider kick, he just playfully activate Rocket and Drill Module in midair and go with kick. Same thing happened to Kouta, he already in midair after kick his Pine Ball and just go with kick.
They just coincidentally in best position to kick.
OOO maybe, but he is given enough 2 eps information to use scanner on his medal, and it extend his leg, and he indeed already use flurry kick when get enhanced by Batta Medal.

Kuuga is the only heisei rider who practice his rider kick.

what happen to Shinnosuke is same with Ryuki
Doing that complex Rider kick without enough information

Finally got around watching Drive's first ep. I loved the parts where Shinnosuke didn't like to be ordered around by Mr.Belt. Not to mention that he still carries the guilt of not being able to save his partner, to where he almost despaired of histroy repeating itself.

MV Maker
Does anyone know how good the viewership on this episode was? Or at least if it was any better or worse than Gaim's debut? Just curious.