2014 Sentai: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger - News/Rumor Thread

Something else I just caught, it looks like they can alternate powers or something? If you look closely at the weapons page, it shows them switching numbers on both helmet & chest when they grab another rangers' weapon.

Yes they can switch colors & weapons with each other, which is a first for Sentai.

The suit designs are bad, but maybe the show will be good. I don't like the suits for Go Go V/LSR but Go Go V was pretty good. I'm pretty sure the ratings will likely be low as always. Kids still seem to love Super Sentai, while it looks like the older fans stop caring. I remember on 2chan had comments like "Super Sentai these days suck. Hurricaneger was the last good sentai show" and "Jetman is the last great Sentai show. Everything from 1992 - current went downhill".

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I kind of wondered if the suit design was an attempt to make the show look retro so that the train otaku they want to buy the merch will be reminded of the Sentai they saw as kids?

I don't think the designs are that bad. They're not GOOD, and they're too plain, but anything's better than that beige abomination someone drew.

At least the 6th Ranger's mech is 100x better than the core team's mechs.

575251_379573252180220_1256309902_n.jpg

I have that toy actually. So awesome. And the Jet dude who combines with him. :buttrock:

And I admit, the suits may look decent in action but I can't get past how old-school they look. It's cool I guess, but Go-Busters IMO was a big change and a good one, made things fresh. Now it just seems they are going backwards significantly.

Also the mech I may not have a problem with, cause the show suit always looks better than the toy. It was the same with Pteraiden-Oh and Go-Busters ACE so we'll see how it looks in the show (the toy is made for functionality, not just aesthetics)

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Why is Go-Busters held up as the epitome of good suit design? The choice of design and material were pretty much perfect for theme of the show, I give it that. But it doesn't mean they would be right for every Sentai; and different doesn't = better

You Need A Mint
While I don't dislike the design of the suits, I can't say I'm very fond of them either. Usually it takes a badass theme song with some good action scenes for me to warm up to stuff like this. As for the mecha... I like the concept of it but honestly I think the final design could've came out better.

I wonder what the 6th or other members will have for their mecha or what the villains will look like. But, what I can say for the overall judgement on this: It's definitely lacking with a 1st impression but it could make a better one as the series starts.

But, overall it's not bad. Just lacking in the wrong areas. :shrug:

Orange
while I also was immediately shocked by the design considering it's so plain, I realize that I only think that way because of how much more there was going on with designs like Kyorugers. Most Sentai designs are extremely simple (eg Zyuranger, Shinkenger, Gekirangers etc) so I don't think it's too bad. will have to get used to the train tracks across their faces though, but I can totally see a ranger or form where the tracks extend up past their heads making a crown. That'd be neat for the upgrade form, final form, or 6+ ranger form, especially with a cape on or something.:thumbs:

Minato Ascending
Hmmmm.....Not too fond of the boots. I hate white boots:mad:.... I'm just wondering if it'll be a family sentai. We have'nt had one of those in a while.

Magiranger wasn't that long ago.