Aronbafon
It's the style of Hibiki that got changed. It felt better before and sat up the mood being this teacher x student relationship between Asumu and Hibiki.

Kiriya breaks the main bond between characters we've had.

Okay, may I just say that episodes 30-35 of Hibiki (the beginning of the Inoue era) is probably the worst stuff I've seen in toku? The first episodes of Hibiki ( the Oishi era) were great, because there was the story of that ordinary boy who gets in contact with that team of monster-chasing people who have to do much effort and work to get the job done, and who's going more mature while knwoing more about them. We have that theme of master/pupil relationship (with Hibiki and Asumu, Ibuki and Akira, and Todoroki learning to be more independant of his mentor Zanki) and the hardships of having big responsabilities. The show is low key, peaceful, more about human relationships than monster slaying.
AND THEN INOUE COMES AND ADDS UNNECESSARY DRAMA, ADDS ANNOYING CHARACTERS LIKE KIRIYA, MAKES CHARACTERS BEHAVING LIKE BUFFOONS WHEN THEY HAD A MATURE BEHAVIOUR BEFORE (AND AS A RESULT ARE OUT OF CHARACTER).
Fortunately, starting with the Shuki arc, the series begins to get better, but frankly, the unique storytelling of Hibiki was mostly lost, and it's a shame :mad:

ヒビキラッ☆
Hibiki still my no 1 favorite Heisei KR series. Sure the second half wasn't as good as the first, but it also has its great moment. Don't just limit yourself with the last two episodes, some episodes like Shuki arc and Zanki arc were great.

What sadden me is Eiki and Danki didn't show up anymore, in-suit, after their first appearance, I love their design. I even love Sabaki, despite he always owned by MOTW over and over:laugh:
And there's the Kanto-region Oni who never made their appearance outside opening scene (and SIC figure). All of them surely become Tamashii Web, Toei Web Shop, and/or Tamashii Nation event exclusive when SHF gets into Hibiki series :laugh:

Why no one likes Hibiki's second half? First part just boring. I see something is happening, but I can't help thinking that we are looking some cheap drama, without anything Rider-related.
While second part introduce us Yuichi Nakamura(He is the man, who will become Yuuto Sakurai/Zeronos. I think I do not need to say anything more) as Kyousuke Kiriya, who is finally bring us some conflict and ambiguity in season. I do really enjoyed watching his rivalry with Asumu(and Asumu being forced to be in this rivalry).

The thing is, even if it's the same actor, Kiriya and Yuuto are different character. Oh wait, not really, they're both very annoying, for me:sweat: Though Yuuta wasn't Kiriya-level annoying, his interaction with Deneb helps (kudos to Deneb then that makes him less annoying than Kiriya XD)

While second part introduce us Yuichi Nakamura(He is the man, who will become Yuuto Sakurai/Zeronos. I think I do not need to say anything more) as Kyousuke Kiriya, who is finally bring us some conflict and ambiguity in season. I do really enjoyed watching his rivalry with Asumu(and Asumu being forced to be in this rivalry).
Poor Nakamura really became the face of all that was "wrong" with the restaff/retool. There were apparently loads of complaints when it was revealed that he was cast in Den-O, but I hear his role as Zeronos has mostly turned around the Japanese fandom's opinion of him. Notably Yuuto does start off as a similar character to Kiriya, but then evolves into a very different person.

Personally I didn't enjoy the Kiriya character, just because he comes across as a horrible bully who gets away with it and is rewarded with an apprenticeship from Hibiki and Oni powers. It didn't feel like a rivalry so much as completely screwing over poor underdog Asumu.

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
While second part introduce us Yuichi Nakamura

His acting during Hibiki was garbage, though. >>

It has some great plots like Shuki's and Zanki's episodes.

I guess but, they could've introduced Shuki w/o the blatant retconning.

P.S.2. New team has started working since 22 episode, but together with old team. And since 31 episode old team was completely removed.

Really? I never heard about that; and if is true, it feels like more of a slap in the face towards the old writing team.

"We're just gonna work with you guys on this, then dump everything once we lose you!"

Personally I didn't enjoy the Kiriya character, just because he comes across as a horribly bully who gets away with it and is rewarded with an apprenticeship from Hibiki and Oni powers. It didn't feel like a rivalry so much as completely screwing over poor underdog Asumu.

[hide]
bWQex.jpg
[/hide]

D

Dr Kain

Why no one likes Hibiki's second half? First part just boring. I see something is happening, but I can't help thinking that we are looking some cheap drama, without anything Rider-related.
While second part introduce us Yuichi Nakamura(He is the man, who will become Yuuto Sakurai/Zeronos. I think I do not need to say anything more) as Kyousuke Kiriya, who is finally bring us some conflict and ambiguity in season. I do really enjoyed watching his rivalry with Asumu(and Asumu being forced to be in this rivalry). It has some great plots like Shuki's and Zanki's episodes. And above all - Asumu didn't become Oni. He chose the thing he really wanted to do. Same with Kiriya.
Because of second part, I now remember Hibiki as great series worthy being Kamen Rider.

The only problem - they really should had started with "new" team from the beginning. Sudden change of season's focus in the middle of series always brings negative expression.

P.S. IMO, Hibiki's Movie, which was done with new team, is one of the best KR Moves ever.
P.S.2. New team has started working since 22 episode, but together with old team. And since 31 episode old team was completely removed.

Because that Kiriya guy is an utter asshole who think she is better tahn everyone else, and for some reason, thinks Hibiki is his father. He feels tacked on like when a show that has been airing for 8 seasons throws in a new character to try and spice things up. And I thought he was terrible in Den-O too. Now that I know it is the same actor, I hate Kiriya even more.

BTW, saying something is one of the best KR movies ever does not leave a lot to be said. Outside of the Fourze vs OOO movie and Episode Final, the Kamen Rider movies usually teeter on average to down right terrible.

However, let's take the two parter I just watched. The freaking ONI could NOT kill the bad guys because they thought the ONES THEY LOVED did NOT love them!!!!!!! Do I need to say more?!

D

Dr Kain

Okay, seriously, what the hell just happened? Who the hell were the Douji and Hime? What was their point? Why did they just off the Black and White people? Why are they feeding Makamous? Why was there a European set of the duo? Why are the summer Makamous fighting in January?

WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH THE "LAST BATTLE?!!!"

For a final episode, it raised more freaking questions than it gave answers to. There was not even a final fight, it just left off like a normal episode. Who the **** wrote this ****!!? It took me 7 god damn years to finally watch this show and it was god damned awful. You know what, I take back what I said before, this show IS worse than Decade.

Don't get me wrong. The show had some really great ideas. The first half was okay, but it had style, music, lighting, camera angles, and creativity to it. The second half of the show throws in slapstick comedy, new characters, got rid of everything that made the first half good, and then insults us by not answering a single friggin question. And how the hell is Hitomi still alive when she was under water for a long ass time?! Why did Akira just suddenly quit wanting to be an Oni? I actually enjoyed the Forest of Kodoma two parter, that was really well done. Same goes for the Zanki goodbye episodes, but what the hell is the Orochi? Why is it such a big threat? What does it have to do with the Makamou?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??!!!!!!

Okay, seriously, what the hell just happened? Who the hell were the Douji and Hime? What was their point? Why did they just off the Black and White people? Why are they feeding Makamous? Why was there a European set of the duo? Why are the summer Makamous fighting in January?

WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH THE "LAST BATTLE?!!!"

For a final episode, it raised more freaking questions than it gave answers to. There was not even a final fight, it just left off like a normal episode. Who the **** wrote this ****!!? It took me 7 god damn years to finally watch this show and it was god damned awful. You know what, I take back what I said before, this show IS worse than Decade.

Don't get me wrong. The show had some really great ideas. The first half was okay, but it had style, music, lighting, camera angles, and creativity to it. The second half of the show throws in slapstick comedy, new characters, got rid of everything that made the first half good, and then insults us by not answering a single friggin question. And how the hell is Hitomi still alive when she was under water for a long ass time?! Why did Akira just suddenly quit wanting to be an Oni? I actually enjoyed the Forest of Kodoma two parter, that was really well done. Same goes for the Zanki goodbye episodes, but what the hell is the Orochi? Why is it such a big threat? What does it have to do with the Makamou?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??!!!!!!
...and only now do you truely understand why Hibiki is the controversial black sheep of the kamen rider family.

In short Doc this is executive thinking.

Interesting storytelling, character-driven bad, explosions and plotholes that make everyone wonder who the hell sells them crack for their creative ideas good! hur hur.

That's just a really short version.

Welcome
And I thought he was terrible in Den-O too.
BTW, saying something is one of the best KR movies ever does not leave a lot to be said. Outside of the Fourze vs OOO movie and Episode Final, the Kamen Rider movies usually teeter on average to down right terrible.

Zeronos is one of the best secondaries IMO, but I'll just assume you're in a bad mood so you're just taking it out on different things.From the summary of it, the new Fourze movie seems pretty promising.W Forever was a good movie too...

To be honest, Hibiki kinda always seemed stale and boring to me.It has everything that I hate.Crappy soundtrack, an old guy as the main character, a little kid, poopy suit material, and probably about 50 other things I can rant about.I should probably give it a chance, but it's no use watching it no matter how good the first half is if I hate the overall concept.