Game publisher Not Doppler and developer Toffee Games have announced that their zombie-smashing driving game Earn to Die 2 has launched on Steam for PC and Mac. Originally starting as a web-game series before becoming a hit mobile game, Earn to Die 2 sees players steer vehicles through a zombie apocalypse, literally smashing through zombie hordes along the way. You can watch the trailer for the game below. Describing the plot of the game, Toffee Games have said:
“An evacuation ship is waiting on the other side of the country. The only thing that stands in your way: city after city overrun by zombies. With only a run-down car and a small amount of cash your mission soon becomes clear… to drive through hordes of zombies in order to survive!”
Earn to Die 2 is set to have a number of features, including:
- A Story Mode, 10 times longer than the web versions
- Awesome ragdoll physics. Smash into zombies and send them flying.
- 10 vehicles, including a sports car, a police car and even an ice cream van. Be sure to upgrade them with armored frames, roof mounted guns, boosters and more.
- A city setting with multi-tiered levels. Drive over highway overpasses, via underground tunnels and smash through epic zombie-filled factories.
- Destructible vehicles. Watch your vehicle get smashed into smithereens if you’re not too careful! Thankfully vehicles auto-repair themselves in time for each race.
- For those who complete Story Mode, a Missions Mode awaits.
- Full HD graphics and playable at 60fps.
- Steam Controller support. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the zombie-smashing action from your couch in Big Picture Mode.
- Epic zombie-filled factories
Earn to Die 2 is available now on Steam for PC and Mac here. During the first week, the game will be available for 20% off at US$3.99 (regular price US$4.99). The game’s interface and subtitles are localised in 12 languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Brazilian Portuguese.