Most indie game fans are already familiar with Dead Cells, the sidescrolling Metroidvania with an unforgiving difficulty curve. It’s been available since 2017 for all modern consoles and the PC. This year, it’s getting a mobile edition.
Dead Cells is an award-winning roguelike metroidvania action platformer. Explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle… That is, assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers. To beat the game, you’ll have to master frantic 2D combat, with the ever-present threat of permadeath looming.
First available on PC and console, the game is now in the final phase of a true mobile adaptation coming this summer on iOS!
The mobile port of Dead Cells will contain some tweaks to make the experience palatable for the smartphone, including:
- Carefully redesigned for iPhone and iPad with a revamped interface
- Two game modes available (original & auto-hit)
- Customize the buttons’ positions and sizes, more touch controls options available
- Include MFi external controller support
- Premium game: get the full Dead Cells experience for €9.99! (no ads, no F2P mechanics)
- 11 languages available
Dead Cells will be published on iOS this summer. An Android version is also planned, but a release window has yet to be determined. Check out this page to be notified with future news on that front.