Game On Expo, the most popular gaming convention in Arizona, is coming back for its fifth year — and today the full details were released. Founded in 2015 by John Lester, aka Gamester81 (formerly a YouTube celebrity before he left), the technical name of the event is G.A.M.E. On Expo, and the GAME stands for Gaming, Anime, Music and Esports.
What Game On Expo plans for 2020 is much of the same that they had going on in 2019, but that’s not a bad thing — it’s what attendees are paying for. Look forward to all this:
- Vendors: Hundreds of vendors from all over the U.S. selling games, merch, and collectibles.
- Auction: Our sixth annual auction featuring rare game items; proceeds will be used in part to raise funds for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Music: Main stage featuring live music on Friday and Saturday night – with Rock Band Karaoke on Sunday.
- eSports: Tournaments including Tetris and Super Smash Bros. – with more to be announced soon!
- Cosplay: Our sixth annual cosplay competition featuring special guests.
- Dance Contest: In the Kids Zone, we’ll be hosting a Fortnite Dance Contest so that kids can show off their favorite moves!
- Retro Gameplay: From Atari to the Sega Dreamcast, there will be tons of retro games to play throughout the expo.
- Tabletop: Board games, role-playing games, collectible card games (CCGs), and more!
- Celebrity Guests: Meet some of the top celebrity voice actors at panels and one-on-one.
- Free Play Arcade: Hundreds of arcade games and pinball machines to play for free!
- Indie Spotlight: Developers from across the U.S. will be showcasing their games and projects.
“It’s been 5 years since we started Game On Expo – and we can hardly believe how much the show has grown,” says Lester. “This has always been a labor of love for us – a place for anyone in the Southwestern United States (including Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California, Colorado, Nevada, Utah – and Western Oklahoma and Texas) to celebrate our shared love of games, anime, and everything in-between.”
Tickets for Game On Expo are now available at https://www.showclix.com/event/goe-2020. Yes, it’s not until August, but if you purchase tickets now, you can take advantage of the Early Bird discount and get ’em for $35 (the normal price is $50). For kids 10 and under, the price is $10.Game On Expo will be held from August 7 through 9.