Star Crusade: War For The Expanse, developed by ZiMAD Games, has gotten a new trailer, as well as some new screenshots at this years Game Developers Conference (GDC). You can watch the new trailer for the game below. Currently in beta onSteam, the game will put players in control of one of six mighty factions vying for power in a faraway sector of outer space.
Star Crusade: War for the Expanse will offer a deep and highly customizable card battle experience with more than 400 playable cards set in a rich sci-fi universe with multiple play modes, including single-player matches, ranked matches and random draft “raid” battles. The game also emphasizes strategic deck construction by letting players vary the size of their decks from 25 to 40 cards; smaller decks start the game first and develop more quickly, but larger decks have more survivability.
Speaking about the game, ZiMAD producer Alex Rechevskiy said:
“There are few truly dominant players in the digital CCG scene, but we intend to change that. We feel so strongly about the strategic deck construction, Modules, and multiple play modes in Star Crusade – which we know will add tons of variety to the genre – that we’re ready to take on all comers. Come play the game at GDC and see for yourself.”
The game has a number of key features including:
Massive Strategy: Experience endless variety with a massive pool of more than 400 playable cards – complement the strengths of your faction with an array of neutral mercenary cards to build the next killer tournament deck.
- Unique, Asymmetrical Factions: Choose the highly specialized powers of one of six factions – the Annunaki, the Consortium, the Shan’Ti, the Hierarchy, the Hajir-Gog and the Terrans – to build a deck powered by psychic charges or alien mutations – to name just a few of the game’s more than 30 special card skills.
- Customize Your Tactics with Modules: This all-new feature offers more than 40 “module” cards that add unique bonuses and skills to your commander to customize your forces and strategy even further.
- Variable Deck Size: Customize your forces further by building a deck with as few as 25 cards or as many as 40 – your choice will not only affect how your deck plays, but your overall survivability.
- Multiple Modes for All Skill Levels: Choose from a variety of modes: single-player practice, head-to-head casual competition, ranked leaderboard play and random-draft raid mode. Complete regular daily event quests for tons of free bonuses – it’s completely free to unlock every piece of content in the game.
- Constant Updates: Star Crusade will soon expand with 2v2 cooperative battle modes, social sharing features to let you share deck ideas and even gift card packs to friends.