Pokken Tournament is quite the unusual title, but one that is gaining quite a following here in the states. The use of Pokemon in a straight up fighting game, one that’s being made by the creators of Tekken, seems to point to this being quite a unique experience, yet one that will fully embrace the vast world of Pokemon.
To further add to the uniqueness of the game, a special Pokken Tournament controller will be coming out for the game when it arrives on Wii U. No image of the controller has been released, but the control scheme will be one that models after the arcade version of the game that has come out in Japan. You can pre-order it on Amazon here. Below are the details for the controller:
- Officially licensed by Nintendo and Pokemon
- Design based on the Official Pokken Tournament arcade cabinet controller
- Ergonomic design and button layout optimized for Pokken Tournament
- Wired USB controller designed exclusively for use with Pokken Tournament (Will not function properly with other game titles)
- Pokken Tournament software sold separately
As it notes above, the controller will only be for Pokken Tournament, which is not surprising given it’s arcade style control style. However, if you want to make Pokemon Tournament a more unique experience, this controller might be the way to do so. The listing states that the controller will come out on March 18th, 2016.