X-Men 3: The Last Stand - Talkback *Spoilers*

She was at the first meeting about the mutant cure and she showed up again during the mutant attack near the end of the movie. No telepathy, no telekinesis--just a vague allusion to her shadow teleportational powers.

One of many things I could've bitched about in X3, but I get grief over the Phoenix? The one thing that should've been done right and wasn't? Give me a goddamn break...
 
Fayt Linegod said:
One of many things I could've bitched about in X3, but I get grief over the Phoenix? The one thing that should've been done right and wasn't? Give me a goddamn break...

You're getting greif because you keep saying how "bad" making Phoenix more real was and really giving no reasons why aside from "Itz bad, itz not accurate, whine whine whine". Just face it, Claremont's intial origin story was'nt acceptable for the movie's tone, and it still did well with what they did, Spider-Man was changed also, you don't see 616 fans crying like babies because they gave him small talons in his fingers to climb walls did they?

Grade-A freaking hypocrites
 
I never said I expected a direct Xeroxed copy of the Phoenix Saga. What I did expect, however, is that SOME attention would've been paid to what the books--and X2, minor or no--had already established. And did we get it? No.
 
Last edited:
Fayt Linegod said:
I never said I expected a direct Xeroxed copy of the Phoenix Saga. What I did expect, however, is that SOME attention would've been paid to what the books--and X2, minor or no--had already established. And did we get it? No.

As far as X-movie continuity and mythology matters, the books establish precisely squat. Different continuity. Different cosmology. No cosmic entities, no magical gems, no Claremont crap.

The only thing X2 established was that Jean suddenly showed a great deal more power than ever before, right before her apparent death. Period. That's it. X3's job was to explain WHY that happened, and what the ramifications of it were, and it did so, within the confines of what had already been established in the earlier films. That it wasn't some muddled, confused bullshit over an omnipotent cosmic entity is something I'm personally thankful for.
 
Yeah...I can understand Jugs being a mutant in this incarnation of Xmen. But Colossus not being Russian? I mean COME ON! Moria McTaggert...Irish, Nightcrawler...German. Those characters had their correct dialect! Why not Colossus?

I actually wouldn't be as miffed if Colossus wasn't one of my fav Xmen :laugh:
I was also hoping he'd actually have a bigger part and more screen time. But his part was just slightly bigger than X2. I was also waiting to see Iceman's iceslide in the movie because it was featured so heavly in the Xmen video game, but no such luck. It WAS cool to see him 'ice up' though!

-RF
 
Skyknight said:
You're getting greif because you keep saying how "bad" making Phoenix more real was and really giving no reasons why aside from "Itz bad, itz not accurate, whine whine whine". Just face it, Claremont's intial origin story was'nt acceptable for the movie's tone, and it still did well with what they did, Spider-Man was changed also, you don't see 616 fans crying like babies because they gave him small talons in his fingers to climb walls did they?

Grade-A freaking hypocrites


I keep explaining why. And all I get from the naysayers are: "Wah wah wah, I didn't like what Claremont did the first time!" But everyone eats up the Ultimate Bullshit.

And you know, I'm pretty sure Stan Lee wanted Spider-Man to be like he was in the movies, but decided that it was too darn weird (especially the web-skeeting pouch on his hands) for the comic at that time, especially since he was already pushing it by doing a superhero based on a damned spider.
 
laudre said:
Different continuity. Different cosmology. No cosmic entities, no magical gems, no Claremont crap.

That's precisely the problem is becuase of the different continuitity. I bet you are one of those tools that like Sage said best "eats up the Ultimate Bullshit." Go on and love that douche bag Bryan Singer. He should have never been chosen to direct or have ANY say in what goes on in the X-Men movies when the dumb **** himself NEVER touched one X-title.
 
Last edited:
Skyknight said:
You're getting greif because you keep saying how "bad" making Phoenix more real was and really giving no reasons why aside from "Itz bad, itz not accurate, whine whine whine". Just face it, Claremont's intial origin story was'nt acceptable for the movie's tone, and it still did well with what they did, Spider-Man was changed also, you don't see 616 fans crying like babies because they gave him small talons in his fingers to climb walls did they?

Grade-A freaking hypocrites

Oh wait! I thought comics and all nature were written because they explored the farther reaches of reality and making it into something different and spmething people could use if they so choose as an escape. Now what's the problem with that? That's right nothing. Because comics and like all fiction don't have to follow the rules of realism as well as reality. So why not join up with laudre and choke yourselves on that Ultimate bullshit.
 
And all this griping about Chris Claremont is damned ridiculous. The man spent 16 years of his life breathing life into X-Men, and since this fact has gotten past the radar of a couple of individuals here, the convolution with the Phoenix started well after the Dark Phoenix story once X-Factor was launched. Putting the blame solely on Chris is a poor excuse. It's only lately that the whole thing's been put into some semblance of order with the Phoenix: Endsong miniseries.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top