Would you hold off watching Sentai for their PR counterparts?

Power Rangers is a completely different show compared to Super Sentai to me. Just as much as how Kamen Rider, Metal Heroes, and Ultra are different from Sentai. I don't view both Sentai and Power Rangers as sharing the same throat. True, they wear the same mask, but that's pretty much it.
 
Currently neither for alternate reasons. However I do like to watch both, PR to see the suits one more time and to watch whatever American Toku is available. I enjoy both and would watch both regardless of either's qualities, neither side is perfect.
 
I havent been as eager or excited to watch Sentai these days as I used to be so I could wait. I honestly feel like Power Rangers is more interesting if all the suits, concepts, and ideas are fresh and new. but I dont care either way.
 
Course not. After being introduce to Sentai (sub) watch both for me to each one is truly amazing.
 
Sentai all the way, No PR. why would I waste time watching a US adaption when I watch the REAL THING live on KeyHole TV?
Because it's in English? If you're using Keyhole that means you don't even have the subs. Hard to follow what's going on without them.

Anyway, I'll watch both. I've only seen a few episodes of Zyu and Mega though, because those series aren't fully subbed yet. I'm currently watching Shinkenger and Goseiger though. When Shinken's done (I've seen up to Act 39, so not much left), I'll probably start Go-onger next - since I've already seen RPM, that'll be the first time I've watched the full series of both versions - and Go-onger/RPM is probably one of the best examples of PR and Sentai being completely different shows despite sharing the same footage. It'll be interesting to compare them.
 
Here's a question for you guys, and I'm not sure if this is the right board to post it. If not, please do move it. I just thought this was more of a Power Rangers thread than Sentai, so I posted it here.

Would you guys, knowing that there's a Power Rangers adaptation of a Sentai series coming soon, hold of watching the respective Sentai series until having finished their PR counterparts? For example, if you haven't watched Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, would you hold off watching that until the PR 2010 adaptation is done with?

Reasons I could think for holding off would be to keep away from potential spoilers, including mecha designs, weapons, etc and to avoid unfair comparisons to the Sentai counterpart. However, what do you guys think? Thanks!

No because I don't personally care much for Americanizations. I'm British and I love my Japanese shows. I don't hate Americanizations, I don't mind them as an alternate story, but overall I don't really care much for them. Watching an Americanized version of say.. Super Sentai is really just like watching a British version of say.. Captain Power.

Apart from that Super Sentai and Power Rangers are really just different shows.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top