Would you hold off watching Sentai for their PR counterparts?

Here's a question for you guys, and I'm not sure if this is the right board to post it. If not, please do move it. I just thought this was more of a Power Rangers thread than Sentai, so I posted it here.

Would you guys, knowing that there's a Power Rangers adaptation of a Sentai series coming soon, hold of watching the respective Sentai series until having finished their PR counterparts? For example, if you haven't watched Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, would you hold off watching that until the PR 2010 adaptation is done with?

Reasons I could think for holding off would be to keep away from potential spoilers, including mecha designs, weapons, etc and to avoid unfair comparisons to the Sentai counterpart. However, what do you guys think? Thanks!

Nah... to me the shows are mutually exclusive. If the Sentai is good, I'll watch it.. if the PR series is good, I'll also watch it.

Probably not, although I've yet to see the sentai of the PR shows I've watched, and vice versa.

I've watched some of the Zyuranger stuff that is subbed. Its definately hard not to be constantly be thinking of them as their MMPR counterparts. Same with Kibaranger in Dairanger.

I'll probably just keep watching the sentai first, because it will be available sooner.

I'm a Sentai buff, so regardless of it being a good or **** series, I'd still watch it no matter what.
Power Rangers wise, since Saban is back in business, I'd take the effort to watch at least 2-3 eps before claiming it's **** like the Disney seasons.

It's just as Keith said really. If the sentai is good, I'd watch it. If the PR is good, I'd watch it. I treat them as seperate shows.

now Nerd Emperor
Absolutely NOT, since I am more of a Sentai fan than PR fan. And like said above, they're separate shows.

I also see PR as a different interpretation. I like it when PR uses new ideas and doesn't just make an English carbon-copy of the Sentai series.

In Justice, We Trust!
PR Comes on waaaaaaaaay too early over here, it doesn't come on till like six in the morning so....yeaaah.

now Nerd Emperor
PR Comes on waaaaaaaaay too early over here, it doesn't come on till like six in the morning so....yeaaah.

Time is not an issue... I always set my computer to record it and/or download encodes online. I have this habit of archiving stuff anyway so if I don't record it, I'll download it... and if I don't download it, I'll record it. Either way, I'm keeping it and burning to discs after the series ends... until they friggin' release DVD/Blu-ray sets of the seasons! :shakefist

Nah...both sides have things in their shows to root for, but at the same time there are things both sides have that would make you cringe.:sweat: