Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
*raises hand*

Adult woman, right here. And I am far from alone on these forums. The fact that you seem to believe I don't exist invalidates all your posts.

You are far from a half-decent reader as well, apparently. As usual, someone takes my post out of context despite me making it quite clear and lengthy. You could at least ask for clarity if you can't read.

But anyway, nowhere have I stated that everyone on this forum is a man.

I do like watching Wizard, and I think it's entertaining enough. However, one of my biggest peeves about it is how Haruto himself is presented. His side as Wizard is spectacularly presented - he's powerful, he has a ton of things up his sleeve, he's skilled in fighting, blah blah blah. But Haruto as Haruto is where I'm still drawing blanks from. It's like I don't know him yet a quarter of the way through the show. Sure, he has this quirk of eating plain sugar donuts (I'm betting/hoping why this is, aside from the assumption that it's what he was eating the night his parents got into an accident, will be explained further into the show) and he wants to be people's hope (a very vague concept still) but other than that? Nada.

Also, while I do like the fight scenes in Wizard, it always seems to me that Wizard is always ridiculously overpowered when it comes to fighting Phantoms. We only saw him struggle against Phoenix once, and that was it. The next episode saw Haruto handing Phoenix's ass to him on a platter. While this has always been a continuing tradition in every show, I feel like there wasn't any struggle involved in the upgrade? Like. Is Wizard so ridiculously power it always comes off as if he always know what to do, always know how to one-up the competition?

I can't help but compare it to Fourze and Gentarou. Gentarou's never been a fighter, and he relies on Kengo a lot for guidance, but sometimes he tries things and wins and it feels like he deserved to win because he gave it his all. As a viewer, I can feel his struggle and desire to win so I want him to win. I never get that feeling with Wizard and it's a bit annoying to me.

Banned
I never said that. It's one thing to take my words out of context, it's another thing to claim I said something I didn't. My point is considering how lighthearted and upbeat OOO and Fourze were, you'd expect Wizard to be darker than it is now.

The previous series have told us more than enough about the villains by the 12th episode. I'll give you Fourze because it had even less main villains than Wizard. Gamou was really the only big bad so he was the only one who could give us hints about what the big plan was.

OOO's and Double did not at all tell us more than enough about the villains by the 12 episode. Neither did Fourze. What exactly are you talking about? :redface2:

Banned
You are far from a half-decent reader as well, apparently. As usual, someone takes my post out of context despite me making it quite clear and lengthy. You could at least ask for clarity if you can't read.

But anyway, nowhere have I stated that everyone on this forum is a man.

Considering that most of us here are men, we want something that can appeal to us as well, even if it's toku.

You didn't use the word everyone, you used majority, and that is still dead wrong. But this is way off topic now. I will just say again I love wizard. I don't care about grim dark toku. I don't base what I like based on the past seasons. If I like something, then I like it.

I've been enjoying Wizard so far. Sure, it can't be early Heisei era, but it has its own appeal to me with the characters and story.

As for characters and their usefulness...I'm worrying about how Shunpei is fitting into the cast. Rinko does the investigating, Koyomi is the Phantom Alarm, Wajima builds the weapons, and Shunpei...gets food when no one else could? Gives Haruto back rubs? I like the dude, I think his actor's doing pretty good with what he's got, but I hope the next episode gives him more of a story purpose beside being comic relief.

I like the Donut Shop Manager and his many fabulous outfits, but I wish he gets a name and focus arc in the future. I mean, his assistant gets a name (Ryuu), why not give him a name other than being the Nameless Funny Effeminate Gay Character. If they address his sexuality more specifically, like if he gets a boyfriend, I hope they do it well.

About Phoenix...though he might not be much character-wise, I enjoyed the effect he had on our heroes, serving the Characters As Devices route of giving them a moment of crisis. I hope he and Medusa continue to creep our heroes in the future.

Also, Kamen Rider Girls are putting out some enjoyable inserts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but people seem to like them more now they aren't "violating" sacred Showa music and putting their own stamp on Rider history with their own original songs.

I do like watching Wizard, and I think it's entertaining enough. However, one of my biggest peeves about it is how Haruto himself is presented. His side as Wizard is spectacularly presented - he's powerful, he has a ton of things up his sleeve, he's skilled in fighting, blah blah blah. But Haruto as Haruto is where I'm still drawing blanks from. It's like I don't know him yet a quarter of the way through the show. Sure, he has this quirk of eating plain sugar donuts (I'm betting/hoping why this is, aside from the assumption that it's what he was eating the night his parents got into an accident, will be explained further into the show) and he wants to be people's hope (a very vague concept still) but other than that? Nada.

That's why I particularly liked the scene where he was telling the kid about his greatest fear. Scenes like that are such a rarity that when it happens you just have to relish it.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
we know nothing about Koyomi except for the fact she's the cutest girl on the show.

That's not "fact", it's your opinion. And it's not unusual for a show to save the reveal of a character's origin until a plot point later. We will know why Koyomi's there when we know who the White Wizard is, why he gave Haruto the belt/rings, and so on

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
And it's not unusual for a show to save the reveal of a character's origin until a plot point later.

True but offhand, episode 12 of Ryuki at least showed us Ren's girlfriend (and the reason he seemed to have a stick up his butt. xP)

[hide]
Unrelated but...

Faiz ep.12 started hinting that the Ryuusei School reunion was garbage and the side-effects of the Kaixa belt
Fourze ep.12 finished putting the KR Club together.
Kabuto ep.12 debuted Drake
Den-O ep.12 debuted Ryuutaros
Black ep.12 debuted Road Sector[/hide]

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
True but offhand, episode 12 of Ryuki at least showed us Ren's girlfriend (and the reason he seemed to have a stick up his butt. xP)

That's true, but then Ryuki had a large number of Riders, and pretty much explained as they were being introduced the reasons why each one was there. And
Yui was important to the core plot and the villain's motivation, so we didn't know a lot about her until later.

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
I think it is still too early to pass judgement on the show, but so far i have been getting mixed feelings with wizard.

For starters, i haven´t been able to really get into Wizard, i have really liked some episodes/moments of the show, but then there were others that while not bad, weren´t all that great either.

I feel that Wizard is taking its time to establish itself, and i really don´t mind, the show does seem to be trying to stray away from the formula, i mean, i liked W, OOO and Fourze but i have to admit that those shows were a bit too formulaic, so in a way Wizard is kind of refreshing. But going back to the pacing, i feel that the show hasn´t really "started", and i am ok with that, i like it when a show takes its time to build up things, it doesn´t need to be a rollercoaster from day one, i just hope that the show does take us to some interesting places, there have been a few hints so far, but none of them have really paid off.

As for our main character, Haruto, at first i wasn´t particularly impressed with him, it seemed like fairly generic protagonist, but then we got the Flame Dragon debut and we saw some of the cracks in his armor. I really liked that scene since it´s been a while since we had a truly flawed hero like Kenzaki, Shinji or Takumi, it would be nice to have a protagonist that it´s not perfect and has issues to deal with again.

So yeah, i have liked Wizard so far but it hasn´t exaclty blowed me away yet, but i won´t lose hope that the show still has some great things waiting for us.