Will Sentai get its popularity status back in 2009 over KR or it's gonna be another G

Will Sentai get its popularity status back in 2009 over KR or it's gonna be another Under-shadow Year for sentai?

I mean even a big sentai fan like me lost interested in this year Sentai Go-onger. Go-onger is not bad but there is not much dramatic or interesting twisted plotlines (i like abit more kiva with twisted family plotline, big char developments and not to mention great looking Rider design suits)
I'm not just talking only popularity in japan also online world wide fan-dom popular..Year after year and finally i'm tired of seeing this sentai under-shadow status. This year was KR Big major popularity over-shadow over sentai and it's suck to see this..

2007 - Even though Gekiranger was popular its own right with marital-art theme and big villain chars but Den-o got more popularities with those crazy imagins stories and geki can't compet that sadly..

2006 - Boukenger was pretty good and unique with much more entertaining stuffs than gekiranger (also 30 years celebrating style) but kabuto with those worms and human drama, tons of riders fighting got more popular on net with many fan-doms which I'd noticed.

2005 - This was the only year back then Magiranger got sad family twist plot lines with strong big villains arc and amazing sharp storylines over that weird overload girls cast hibiki show..

Shinkenger look great and promising by those pictures with new samurai theme but decade got 9 years of All Riders gathering, Decade fighting previous villains (Also This anniversary gathering has done in over 20 years for KR series)and I have doubts it's not gonna be another 2005 Magiranger year. But I do hope it's gonna be like back in 2005 status just for once >_>..
 
Last edited:
I assume you haven't watched Hibiki if you considered that show a weird overload girls casted show.

There was only four. The Tachibana sisters, Akira, and the whore that cockblocked Asumu and Akira.

And no, Shuki doesn't count as a woman.
 
I'm hoping the family dynamic (if it's true) will pull through like Magiranger. It worked really well there, providing some great storylines and interesting developments even with the extreme light heartedness.

Shinkenger from the limited stuff we've heard and seen so far sounds interesting, hopefully a step back to at least Gekiranger drama again. Where Gekiranger was a big Dragon Ball/ martial arts thing, I wonder how far they'll look at things like Ruroni Kenshin and general samurai films and dramas.

As for overall quality and popularity, I don't know... I wouldn't really expect it to achieve a sudden burst of popularity, other than the usual buzz the fandom gets every year regardless of quality. But 2008 has had a lot of crap toku, so my expectations are low :anime:
 

Yeah? What about this?

2006 - Boukenger was pretty good and unique with much more entertaining stuffs than gekiranger (also 30 years celebrating style) but kabuto with those worms and human drama, tons of riders fighting got more popular on net with many fan-doms which I'd noticed.

:laugh:

As for Shinkenger, I hope the new Sentai series better be good.
 
Last edited:
Thinking about it now, I think Decade will take the spotlight Next Year :( that really just completely bum'd me out just now.

Can someone post the Ranger/Rider Rating Chart in Japan?

Even if Shinken is great for us, it'll irk me if the JPnese themselves don't like it.
 
Thinking about it now, I think Decade will take the spotlight Next Year :( that really just completely bum'd me out just now.

Can someone post the Ranger/Rider Rating Chart in Japan?

Even if Shinken is great for us, it'll irk me if the JPnese themselves don't like it.

On the plus side (for Kamen Rider anyway), Gackt=ratings=higher budget=less bad CG (hopefully) :laugh:
and uh... sentai is in the same block? *shrug*
 
im not a big fan of the family thing. idk y i am j ust not. i will give it a go. but i think decade will do better because of the old riders who could be in the series.
 
On the plus side (for Kamen Rider anyway), Gackt=ratings=higher budget=less bad CG (hopefully) :laugh:
and uh... sentai is in the same block? *shrug*

That's good for rider:buttrock: but bad for sentai :(

See no wonder Sentai is dishing out all these gimmicks, cuz Rider is using the amazing card so early.
 
Sentai better get it's groove back for 2009 or I'll be super pissed.

If Stella can get her groove back then I'm sure Sentai can too.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top