Why Super Sentai and Kamen Rider feel like anime?

vin13ish

New Member
It just the acting feel like anime and the music also feel anime

How about you? Do you feel that both of those show are anime?
 
It just the acting feel like anime and the music also feel anime

How about you? Do you feel that both of those show are anime?

Because a lot of the staff involved in tokusatsu, notably the writers and voice actors, are also involved in anime.
Oh, and btw, don't bother with the ones telling you you're starting too many threads; I am also someone who starts a lot of threads too :thumbs:
 
I think the first time I thought "toku is basically live action shounen Anime" was when I saw AkaRed kicking ass in the Boukenger vs. Super Sentai thingy. :B
 
They're shows that exist to sell toys to children, that air during a Sunday morning kids block that AFAIK otherwise consists entirely of anime. Is it much of a surprise that they end up making them somewhat cartoonish?

The obvious one to pick on is Go-Onger, which actually had animated Engines in it (which I liked, but the "serious business" crowd hate). I'd also say that a lot of that show is about the idea that Go-On Red (and sometimes the others if it's a focus episode) is meant to be quite stereotypically hotblooded, and so it's when the bad guys piss him off that he starts bringing the pain (IIRC somebody once mentioned in a thread that the show writes the word Engine using the characters for "fiery spirits", so it's even there in the title). Kyoryuger is doing something pretty similar with it's bravery concept. I can also understand that people would point at the Kyoryugers' dinosaur partners and the likes of Candelira and Luckyero and say it's taking a lot from anime. Lynxara's also mentioned her theory that Goseiger (specifically Gosei Red) takes some influence from magical girl shows (which I've never seen so I wouldn't really know). And it's worth mentioning that supposedly a lot of the basic Sentai (as in the sub-genre not just this franchise) formula was brought together by the original Gatchaman.

As for Rider, I'm not so sure at what to point at specifically. I mean Double has a partially animated intro, but the show doesn't really remind me of a specific cartoon or anime. I haven't seen that many anime yet though, so maybe I just haven't got to some really famous one that inspired Double. Obviously Gaim and Fourze have head writers that are more famous for their anime work, but then again Fourze doesn't scream "Gurren Lagann" to me in the same way that Kill la Kill does. On the other hand, I was on youtube the other day watching one of those '80s cartoon intros' videos, and couldn't help but notice that The Centurions really seems like modern Rider :sweat:
 
Let's see...

Ultraman got a few animes. Also, there's Kamen Rider SD and Den-O is the only Heisei Rider that got an anime.

You know we should get Heisei Rider Animes in either the style of Bones (ie Skullman) or Ishinomori Pro (Cyborg 009).

Heck, make an anime based off of Kamen Rider Spirits.
 
It's not just Tokusatsu. A lot of Japanese media actually try to incorporate visual elements from anime. Particularly live-action adaptations of manga.

Because a lot of the staff involved in tokusatsu, notably the writers and voice actors, are also involved in anime.
Oh, and btw, don't bother with the ones telling you you're starting too many threads; I am also someone who starts a lot of threads too :thumbs:

This is actually a good question for a thread. Like most of your threads.

The problem with the other threads is that it makes it glaringly obvious that the thread started didn't bother to read any of the other threads on the site and thought he was the first one brilliant enough to think of making a thread about it.
 
SS and KR feel as much like anime as American live action kids' shows feel like American cartoons. Same/similar audience and same/similar staff.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top