Why didn't they make anymore KR shows in the Showa era?

I was wondering why didn't Toei didn't make ZX into a series. I would've watched ZX kick some Badan ass. :buttrock:

If I remember correctly (and Iga will probably set it straight if I'm wrong), there wasn't enough viewer interest in it for Toei to spend the money on trying for a full series.

A shame, because not only do I think ZX has an interesting design, but Shun Sugata is too cool of a Rider lead to have go to waste in a 40 minute special that's mostly a clip show.
 
They should have pretended like the TV special never existed and given us a TV show based on his character from the Spirits manga. It would have been the best Rider show ever.
 
what about an anime/real/life action mix ? Somethink like how they do with the end of shink with the cartoons all around them :P When they henshin or go all action they could just switch fully to cartoon mode :D
 
what about an anime/real/life action mix ? Somethink like how they do with the end of shink with the cartoons all around them :P When they henshin or go all action they could just switch fully to cartoon mode :D

No. Just....no. :redface2:
 
If I remember correctly (and Iga will probably set it straight if I'm wrong), there wasn't enough viewer interest in it for Toei to spend the money on trying for a full series.

It's basically like that, though there's always been a bunch of conspiracy theories about the "real" reason. The most infamous being that Sugata had Yakuza connections and Toei wanted to keep corruption out of the company (insert laughter here.) I dunno if there's any truth to that, but I doubt it's the sole reason why there's no TV series.

ZX had been practically around since end of Super-1, in the kiddie magazines (though comics and photo stories with dialogue.) The TV special's like the culmination after those had run their course. "Well, we can't do a whole series, but we might as well do the abridged version". I feel kinda cheated now because the Rider from my birth year... actually isn't. :laugh:

I read recently that Sugata tried out for the role of Super-1, which probably played a part in him getting ZX. Now that would have been interesting to see.
 
KR back then look so plain now they're more like sentai series. When did sentai and rider start superhero time?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top