Painted_Outlaw
The new Tendou Souji
You know, instead of egging him on, there is a thing called the ignore list. :sweat:
Also, Kamen Rider Taisen was released in 2014. That year was a herald for everything terrible happening in the world. It probably explained why Kamen Rider Taisen made the worst movies of 2014 look watchable by comparison. It sucked so bad that it made even the worst Kamen Rider series watchable.
That'd be a little silly given how Sentai's 40th anniversary was labelled as being this year, with Ninninger.
(It's a garbage anniversary yes, but that's what they said prior to the show's start)
2016 is going to be really interesting for the Taisen movie. Is Toei going to be combine both Rider and Sentai into one Anniversary movie? Or are we going to get separate films for both franchises?? I hope for the latter. I'm pretty much sick of seeing Sentai Rider crossovers.
What do you mean? Real-life events are the reason KR Taisen is bad? Is it the new Ohranger?
In no way should that Ninja Special represent Sentai's 40th Anniversary. They have to go by series. Gokaiger was the 35th from 2011, so 2016's team is the 40th. Toei is gonna do more for Sentai next year.
On another note, let's talk about how terrible all the Super Hero Taisen films have been.
Dear god, they're like REALLY terrible.... I've had a better experience with The Amazing Spiderman 2 than these pieces of ****! I'd rather watch Batman & Robin before I subject myself to recycled plots with pretentious messages! I knew it would bomb the moment the first Super Hero Taisen trailer came out.
They were terrible even back when they were still All Rider movies.
None of that actually proves that an animated film would somehow do better than a live-action one like kamsasdn keeps insisting.
You say that as if the live-action movies didn't bring nostalgia. And that somehow more people feel nostalgic for Ishinomori's old art instead of the old TV shows.
It's fair to say that whatever medium any of the Super Hero Taisen films takes, it would probably fail outright.
I actually enjoyed both Super Hero Wars movies....
That'd be a little silly given how Sentai's 40th anniversary was labelled as being this year, with Ninninger.
(It's a garbage anniversary yes, but that's what they said prior to the show's start)
I have to agree since long-time fans of Rider & Sentai would be turned off, mostly because they're used to seeing them in live-action. Not to mention that the newer ones are unfamiliar with Ishinomori's art.
To be fair, I don't think the cameo roles of Super Sentai should count as a drop in quality for the Taisen films. To me it's a blessing, because Sentai shouldn't be in this mess. In the latest two Taisen movies, they never addressed the Sentai teams appearances, they are just there for the sake of the giant robot fight. I don't mind at all if the Taisen movies were all about Kamen Riders, but if you're going to include other heroes, you better have a good reason for it. Which is why SHT GP should of just been called Kamen Rider Taisen 2.
The movies also have the same formula every year, its just less and less epic because started off with SHT which included (advertised) all the Kamen Riders were fighting all of Super Sentai. That was huge at the time. But gradually the Taisen movies became more and more dull. I mean for SHT GP, the real selling point for the movie must be the return of Black/RX's actor to the Japanese people.
2016 is going to be really interesting for the Taisen movie. Is Toei going to be combine both Rider and Sentai into one Anniversary movie? Or are we going to get separate films for both franchises?? I hope for the latter. I'm pretty much sick of seeing Sentai Rider crossovers.
Also, Kamen Rider Taisen was released in 2014. That year was a herald for everything terrible happening in the world. It probably explained why Kamen Rider Taisen made the worst movies of 2014 look watchable by comparison. It sucked so bad that it made even the worst Kamen Rider series watchable.
IIRC the first SHT movie was cranked out really quickly to cash in on the nostalgia gimmick both Rider and Sentai had started riding. Much like the Den-O films, they've decided to milk it until there's no money left in it, but with the Taisen films they help promote the "legend" version of the gimmicks (by showing kids who the characters they're buying are) so there's more money in it for them.
Look at it this way, the Den-O movies lasted until four years after the show ended. The first Taisen came out while Fourze was the current Rider, and it's gone on for 3 years. So maybe we're close to when it runs out of steam? And if all else fails...well Kamen Rider Taisen was OK...at least until they tacked the pointless extra fight on the end. :sweat:
Sorry, it worked for Gridman? When did it do that? It was just that one short that everyone went "huh interesting" and that was it. Or have I missed the news that it was getting a new series?
Same with Kikaider - it got an anime adaptation (I haven't seen it but I've heard good things) yet it did nothing to help the franchise. The recent movie seems more to do with Toei trying to milk toku nostalgia for all it's worth rather than being "revived" by the anime.So how does anime help old toku?
lol go watch the Skullman anime and then tell me that. Sooo boring zzzzzzzzz
I don't see them combining movies. The Sentai staff has completely ignored the Taisen movies so far, after all. So, I can't see them letting a Rider producer and writer handle the Sentai anniversary. There probably will be a standalone anniversary movie, like 199 Heroes (which came out in the same year as Let's Go Kamen Riders, another anniversary movie).
In no way should that Ninja Special represent Sentai's 40th Anniversary. They have to go by series. Gokaiger was the 35th from 2011, so 2016's team is the 40th. Toei is gonna do more for Sentai next year.
I don't even get why they still included the Ninninger in SHTGP KR3. They didn't even release a toy of the Tridoron robot mode this time, unlike the combination in Rider Taisen. Could it be that they now include Sentai in the movies just due to the Rider vs Sentai tv specials?
Nah, that's just the recent way of doing it.
Liveman was labelled as the 10th Sentai anniversary, and due to that, it hired Daisuke Shima and Megumi Mori as special casting; not really too much while Turboranger aired during the 10th year since Battle Fever J aired (1979-1989) however so it got the big fancy 10th anniversary special.
Nothing big happened until Ohranger, meant as the 20th anniversary (1995-1975). That's why it got every prior head writer to work on the show (Hirohisa Soda, Toshiki Inoue, Susumu Takaku, Shouzo Uehara and Noboru Sugimura), Hiroshi Miyauchi was brought in as mentor, etc. etc. Timeranger had a special but, Gaoranger really got all the promoting with its 25th anniversary movie, however that's when they started going by seasons; this permeated through to Boukenger and Gokaiger, the 30th and 35th anniversaries respectively. Ninninger as a whole is counting it by the years however, as it should... and so yes, this year is the 40th anniversary (1975-2015).
Seriously, the more these garbage movies come out, the more of a waste of money they become. Does it do better than solo movies of Sentai and Rider? Maybe. But I can only imagine how difficult it must be to use more suits and make it not seem like a TV special.