優しさの大人少女
Yu Yu Hakusho, Kuroshistuji, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and Junjou Romantica are my faves in Shonen anime! :anime:

Yu Yu Hakusho, Kuroshistuji, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and Junjou Romantica are my faves in Shonen anime! :anime:

.....Junjou Romantica? I distinctly recall that being a shoujo. Still. You're awesome for promoting YYH. In my opinion, YYH is the single greatest shonen anime of all time. Short fights that are to the point. An actual focus on the main characters instead of piling on dozens and dozens. An expansive episode count that isn't stupidly daunting (Naruto is 220 episodes....like, half of those are the actual plot). Oh, and ACTUAL ARCS. For me, with shonen, arcs are defined by main villains rather than the "mini-bosses", and its really annoying to see just one villain span 200+ episodes, and most shonen these days (depressingly enough) do just that.

I also like One Piece quite a bit; it's a very brilliant take on the Shounen Jump punchfest sort of comic.

Everyone seems to love One Piece. I checked out once they expected me to take a guy with a sword in his mouth serious. I just want to introduce him to Saitou so we can get rid of him once and for all.

Fullmetal Alchemist is the main official release I'm paying attention to right now.

Have you seen FMA/are you keeping up with Brotherhood?

Right now my favorite shonen series are FMA Brotherhood and Fairy Tail. One's just plain clever, and the other's everything I love about shonen series.

I really enjoy shonen, but a lot of them get bogged down with filler. I'm thinking of watching Busou Renkin and D.Gray-man to learn if they're any good.

I'd really love to get into Saint Seiya, but I don't think I'll have the time for it anytime soon. I think I'll just put it in my list of "long-term projects" after Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Peek a Boo!
@ Nanami-san: YamaNade is shojo. :)

@ Topic: The first shonen anime that I watched was Yu Yu Hakusho locally known as Ghost Fighter. Later, DragonBall and DragonBall Z. Currently, I am following the Naruto manga and FMA: B and planning to watch Hitman Reborn!

Nice post!!
I checked out once they expected me to take a guy with a sword in his mouth serious.

With One Piece, I get the feeling that nothing in it is meant to be taken entirely seriously. It never quite becomes a parody, but it's a pretty subversive manga at the very least.

俺はドラスデイックの男
Dragon Ball Z, Yu Gi Oh! Duel Monsters, and Full Metal Alchemist are the best! *Godai thumbs up*

With One Piece, I get the feeling that nothing in it is meant to be taken entirely seriously. It never quite becomes a parody, but it's a pretty subversive manga at the very least.

Well, when you start with a protagonist who's power is that he's a rubber band...its clear you shouldn't be taking a series like that all that serious, yeah.

Which reminds me that I need to watch Busou Renkin, which is supposedly an Affectionate Parody for shounen series created by Nobuhiro Watsuki.

Nice post!!
What I saw of Busou Renkin wasn't much of a parody, though maybe it gets there later on. To me it felt like a more or less straight-faced shounen series with a few unusual elements added in.