Who here DOESN'T have an HDTV?


Whatever he was trying to say, I think I'll just seek out a 32 incher and call it a day. Anything below that would definitely be too small if I sit six feet away from a TV.

I also told my friend about what the guy said about there not being any such thing as going too big. My friend said the guy was probably trying to make up for the size of his penis.


I buy DVDs for extras myself, and I guess that's the reason why I also have a large amount of DVDs, though nowhere as much as yours.

You say you don't buy Blu-rays for picture quality, but just how does Blu-ray material look when being played on a standard-definition TV anyway?
 
The only reason I would ever get an HDTV is to watch anime/tokusatsu in HD or to play games in HD. What's on TVs nowadays is just really...meh...

That's pretty much what I do. I only use my HDTV for watching Blu-ray movies. I don't watch regular tv considering I just download what I watch, put it on a HDD, and watch it at work. Doing it like this will double my tv's life aswell.
 

I don't have a lot to compere, but i can say my HDdvd copy of Serenity looks a little better then the SD edition DVD. The SE Blu-ray is noticeably better SD edition DVD but no real difference between The SE DVD and blu. I think it really just depend on the blu-ray but i don't think your missing a whole lot with a SDTV.

Ohh and if your wondering if i own 4 copies of Serenity, no... i have 5 i own it on umd as well
 
Blu-rays played on SDTV's... it's hard to explain, you can't compare it to an actual HDTV but the colors are a brighter but nothing else much. Getting a Blu-ray player and Blu-rays for an SDTV is just a waste of time if you ask me. You are better off sticking with ur DVDs.

But that's just me.
 
I mean just how does a Blu-ray movie look when played on an SDTV in general. I don't mean in comparison to anything else. I just imagine that Blu-ray movies played on an SDTV would look kind of weird, since they're designed specifically to take advantage of the superb picture quality that HDTVs produce.

I also own multiple versions of the same movie on DVD, since each has special features that the other doesn't.
 
I also told my friend about what the guy said about there not being any such thing as going too big. My friend said the guy was probably trying to make up for the size of his penis.

Maybe, but think about it... If the salesperson also gets a commission for the sale. So, the bigger the TV, the higher the price, the higher the commission. Just saying.. A 32inch HDTV is a good buy.

Before I forget, make sure to check the resolution... 1080p is the way to go... 720p versions are cheaper in price... let's leave it a that... :laugh:
 

I understand the commission thing, but it's MY money that's going be be sacrificed, and I want to have as much of it left over as possible. I need to shop smart. I've got bills to pay too you know, so how can I enjoy my HDTV if I can't keep the power bill paid?

I saw someone talk about how he and his wife went shopping for an HDTV at Best Buy, and he said the associate made him feel stupid for not getting one bigger than their bedroom.

I understand that the 1080p resolution is the best, but I also read somewhere that unless I'm going higher than 32 inches, then 720p would suffice. The higher the resolution, the higher the price tag as well.
 
I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I'm just giving you information so that you can make a good decision based on what you want out of an HDTV. You can even ask FK if you want.. :thumbs:

I on the other hand, will just stick with our 27inch Sony Wega (we've had it since 2002). :laugh:
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…