Which is the most controversial Super Sentai and Kamen Rider show?

There's a Don't Ask Don't Tell policy with Riders.

No one wants to be hitting on Kamen Rider Mage then realize it's one of those dudes from the movie.
 
I know there is the weird Yokai and how a pervert he is, but to be fair, out of the 5 Kakuranger who comes back, only Sasuke and Tsuruhime (the only girl of the team) have screen time; having Tsuruhime being shown as one of the most important characters of Kaku isn't that much "women treated in an appalling way". And I don't think Tsuruhime really let the boys behaving like brutes towards the women.
I was thinking more of the scene where the Ohranger girls are in a pool at the bottom of a waterfall wearing bikinis, and Sasuke is using a bamboo pole as a breathing tube so that he can peek at them. Then when Tsuruhime discovers him she is angry, but it's partially just because his comments make her feel inadequate. Then the Ohranger ladies start arguing about which of them is the prettiest, and when the Yokai attacks OhYellow she rubs it in Pink's face because it must mean that the Yokai thinks she's the best looking of the two.

Plus as you pointed out, the MotW is a perverted pink menace with a long prehensile tongue and a weakness for teenage schoolgirls. It's called a piggyback monster, but it's modus operandi is basically to forcibly lay on top of women and lick them with it's naughty tentacle tongue. It really is a rape monster in all but name :nono:
 
I haven't seen that movie, but I feel that, as I would put in a word for Kyoryu's type of humor, I've got a put in a word for the humor of that era as well.

The 90s were the time of Ranma 1/2, Yuuyuu Hakusho and Tenchi Muyo: Where a shounen hero wouldn't be a complete hero if he weren't either a perverted wretch or an unfortunate man who gets himself accidentally into perverted situations and gets labelled as a perverted wretch anyway.

And where the leading ladies view both being the target of perversion and not being the target of perversion negatively. It's either you don't respect her enough by peeping at her or groping her, or you're insulting her assets by not peeping/groping her.

Of course, it doesn't make it less appalling (because it is), but like my position in similar discussions was before, Sentai (and probably Rider) takes a lot of cues from the humor of anime in its time.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top